User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Website form checkboxes

Hello everyone.

I would like to tap into the expertise that is absolutely rife in this forum. I would like to ask for help.

I am working on an ASP webform that basically has checkboxes. I have a 4 x 4 table with each cell holding a checkbox. My question is this....

Is it possible for certain checkboxes to be a disabled depending on the date?? If so, could you please point me in the right direction. I have looked around the web but unfortunately cannot see anything to do with date-specific checkboxes.

For example, from April 1 until June 30, I would like the first column of checkboxes to be enabled. I would like the rest of the checkboxes to be disabled.
    Then, once July 1 comes along, I would want the second column of checkboxes to be enabled, with all the rest of the checkboxes to be disabled. Any checkboxes checked in the first column are locked in because the column is disabled.
    And so on, and so on until the year loops around again to April 1, where the first column is again enabled.

Thank you everyone for your time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To disable a form <input> element simply include the disabled attribute.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_disabled.asp

Your ASP code could check the date and Response.Write (or not) the disabled attribute as required.
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk