SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think flat design might trigger a little revolution in web design arena?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 40.00%
  • It might be another drifting phase

1 10.00%
  • I donít know how long the flat design trend will last

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Plz review my Web Design Portfolio website

Hi SitePoint community,

I'm a freelance web designer & developer, I recently re-designed my own portfolio website. Please have a look: www.echofreelance.com

I would love to receive feedback on how I can further improve the design and other aspects which will lead to a better conversion rate.

I choose a flat style for my new web design. This flat web design comes with a lot of color, typography, and a clear structure. As there are no shadows, gradients, 3-D effects or any such design components that signify real-world things. As an alternative, Echoís flat design makes use of colors, typography, a lot of white space, and a strict grid system for clear and operational interface.

Like any other web design trend, I donít know how long the flat design trend will last. It might be another drifting phase, but it might trigger a little revolution in the arena of web design.

Looking forward to getting your suggestions.

Many Thanks!
    Adeel Ather

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reviews yet, looks like no one liked my web design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, your portfolio site is neat and nice, I like the minimalistic design.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very impressed with your website, it's unique, professional looking and I do like the flat style. I wish I had your creativity, but your website is definitely something to give me inspiration to continue in web development and design.While I like the flat design, I would be cautious that it doesn't go to far in the direction (Your website doesn't), for you might get someone who will say "That looks like the 90s". I would not say that about your website. The only thing I might critique is have somewhere on the Home page where they can contact you via Twitter, Facebook or Email for I think would snag a lot of business that way. Like I said great website and I even bookmarked it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of single page websites for various reasons (granted, your website is not exactly a single page website but it is very similar). One of those reasons is everything looks crammed into one page which makes skimming through the content harder. There is too much stuff on the page and some of them are unnecessary. I'd suggest removing the "Working since" and "What makes me different" sections altogether because it just adds to the bloat and it doesn't offer anything concrete. Referrals and your portfolio are concrete examples. Instead of saying "I'm efficient" you can demonstrate how you're efficient by giving examples from your past client work or demonstrate how you increase ROI by giving numbers such as "I increased traffic by %30 on X project".

Secondly, everything looks too big and wide. The client headshots are too big, the buttons are too big and I had a hard time reading the paragraphs since there are too many words one line. I'd limit the paragraph width to 800px at most.

Other than that it is fine. It doesn't stand out from other sites but it is clean and fine.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that you are keeping up with all the current web design trends such as flat web design, parallel scrolling and others. One thing I noticed though. It is confusing to see if you are marketing yourself or your business or your self as your business. This is one of the hurdles that most freelancers run in to. They use their own name for the company. You use Echo Freelance but refer to yourself several times and your team. Give more emphasis on the company name and how you can add value to your customers. Another thing, most people do not know what RWD, javascript, and all these technical terms are. They just want results. I would use layman terms. Maybe have a section for developers and marketing and another section for the average layman that describes what services you do. These are my thoughts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks pretty good having all the aspects of a modern website following the latest trends in the market.

But the first thing i noticed was that your site url says echofreelancer.com and when I landed it was having the logo of your name. it was a bit confusing. Anyways, when I looked further, I felt that the content was too much for anyone to read. I dont think anyone would read that. There are so many sections to read. History and What makes me different shuld be removed. if u want to keep just keep it short and precise. I had a bit of difficulty in the portfolio section, could not browse your projects category wise. All said, its a perfect website if you cut down your content. Thats it. Best of luck !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Nice idea and your design is good. Besides, I very like the minimalistic design.

SitePoint Enthusiast Dynamikemagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you have a logo in the upper left corner of a head with glasses. You should wear glasses on your photo so the logo and you will match. Wearing glasses will also make you look more of a geek.

When strolling down your page I notice the movement of certain content moving to the right. It takes my eyes off what I am presently reading. The movement is annoying to me.

I like the colors of your website.

There are a lot of web developers besides you. Prospects will look for who can do the best job. Having websites from you previous clients will show how good you can do.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design overall.

There are places there are larger quantities of information to take in. (Possibly SEO being the reason perhaps)

Very clean and clear from a typography perspective.

SitePoint Member
    44 Broadway, Stratford, Greater London, UK, E15 1X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hi Mr. Adeel Ather,

Very attractive and awesome designing idea. The combination of the color in your website is outstanding. But you need to do little bit shrink your web page length. Over all your website interface is wonderfully designed.

regards,
    Qudrat Ullah