Thread: Thoughts

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts

he guys so heres my story..

Company has been going for 10 months now, originally created our website with wix.com then decided to spend some money and have a company recreate our website and do the background SEO optimization (insert keywords and H1 and meta tags etc)... Looking to start advertising via Google Adwords not but we want the site to be at par before we do so, so let us know what you think.. Thanks in advance

www.WeMove-It.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a quick look and i think its fine from a design POV. Clean and easy to navigate. Dosent give the impression of a large company but more of a small family business with a nice web site? not sure if thats what you are after?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorbbb View Post
    Just had a quick look and i think its fine from a design POV. Clean and easy to navigate. Dosent give the impression of a large company but more of a small family business with a nice web site? not sure if thats what you are after?
    What would recommend in order to make it look more professional?

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The first thing I read on the homepage, above the fold, is a text that doesn't explain what your business does at all?

The pictures on the homepage look stretched horizontally (or squashed vertically), giving a weird effect especially in the picture with the people in it, and it makes the pictures unclear.

The last text on the homepage is a clear business statement, explaining in a few words what you offer and where. I would put that on top of the page.

Your header has a lot of white space, and with the huge blue pagetitle bar, takes up half of the viewport. That leaves you very little space to catch the attention of a first time visitor.
    In the contact us page, for example, all I see is a picture of a lady with a headset.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It`s pretty big, i mean everything is oversized. I`m not very fond of that blue color either. You should use the logo at about 50% of it`s size now, that would allow everything to become smaller. The images in the banner are quite pixellated, and overall looks a bit cheap, no offense. The site is clearly made by somebody just starting webdesign , at a low budget. Open your site with firefox, and hit CTRL+ minus about 3, 4 times and you`ll see it already looks better. Make the footer one color, dark grey for example, neutral, and with no stripes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest you smooth your color theme a bit, because as for me it seems too bright with too much contrast. Meta tags seem to be well-organized. You may want to add some videos of how you handle everything, or video quotes feature, or just add a section where your happy clients can leave their feedback (it also could be short videos - it seems rather easy, because you interact face-to-face with your client in a real world)
    Before starting a Google Adwords campaign, be sure to pick up highly relevant local keywords. The longer they're, the better. Long-tail keywords rocks!

I really love the feature of downloading a picture of what should be removed!!! Quite easy and simple way for consumers to share what they want you to clean up

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know people were telling you they didn't like the colors, but I actually like them. I think the blue and green go well together. The site is inviting and friendly. I like the pictures (especially under junk removal) I like your photo gallery - shows you are involved and do things other then just move from one house to another (you drop stuff at goodwill, etc). Even though it has nothing to do with the site or business I actually like the picture of grilling hamburgers.....shows fun and friendly again. I also like that you have a picture and bio of the movers....are there more or is the company just run by 2 guys? I think the site is clean, simple, easy to navigate. I like it - I would hire you based on your site. No Rates listed though....you may want to do that. Check our your competition and see if they have rates listed....if they do, you may want to also. Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site is good, but the images are getting stretched on mobile version of your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all congratulations on having a website for your business. It is an exciting journey to take. Next, here is what I noticed with the design. Respectfully, the design is too 90's looking with bright contrasted colors.Try a darker blue with monochromatic colors or three colors that have the same scheme. Maybe a canary yellow, navy blue and white. This does depend on your company colors though. You want to keep your company image consistent across all brands and marketing. Next, on the images that are on the main page swapping in and out, they were not properly cropped or out. On the bell you can see the while outlining which is jaggedy and unprofessional. Have a graphic designer take a look at your site and see how they can help. The animation on the drop down quote menu does not make sense. It pops fast to where a user cannot see it move then is goes up slow then fast. You need some smooth animation on the drop down menu. These are a few things I noticed. Hope the advice helps.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - did you know that when you reduce the window, the images become distorted? I am unsure how anyone could give that to you as a production ready site.

I find the BG tile in the carousel a little distracting also. I'd reduce the transparency. Fianlly, the colour scheme does not grab me. there is a saying about blue and green..
    Get a little bit extra out of life with www.stakemyrep.com
    and stay motivated the easy way!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frontpage content:
    I have a tough time seeing the connection between movers and recycling. Maybe its just me, but your “change the world” opening statement is a bit out-of-character.

Frontpage layout:
    Everything looks fine, except for the pictures. You done some stretching which looks really bad. I would consider doing smaller boxes and then having them 2x2 instead of 4x1 (which should be the mobile version).

Other pages:
    The site has an overall “simple” feel which seems to fit the purpose well. However, the partner site does look a bit “cheap”, with some logos stretched and some not filling the entire square (Senan Poules).

I would remove the “generic” contact us picture and just have a realistic one or leave it without.

Ask if anything is unclear.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What operating system or web browser are you using to view the site? When I go on a Mac or PC the partners boxes all are pretty even and same with the photos?

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Windows 7 and FF. Tried it with IE11 as well.
    Just change the browser window size and you'll see the effect it has on the images.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site is functional and does a decent job getting your message out, but appearance-wise, it can use some work. The colors for one are almost blinding; I would tone them down a bit. Powdered color schemes are really good. I would also get some professional quality images. While your site may draw in some business, many people will judge your business by your website and if they see a less-than-professional website, they will move on. It's sad but many people really do judge a book by its cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your images are far too stretched. change them. use light colors in the body and footer. give margins to the titles of all your inner pages.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I added the photos in the bar that scrolls I didn't really edit any of the photos. Maybe if i make the entire block the scrolls thinner it would make the photos look better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site runs quickly, is to the point, and generally does a good job of advertising your services.
    It's nothing fancy, but that's not what you would expect from such a website.

The few bugs/visual anomalies I found are as follows:
    1. The main menu up top, the "contact us" overflows onto the next line. I assume this is not on purpose. Let me know if you can't replicate this error by resizing your browser and I will gladly post an image of what I see.

2. The bell image (slide 3) on the slideshow could use some opacity blurring around the edges in order to make it blend in with the background more and generally make the presentation more professional.

3. The slide selection buttons on the main page are very thin vertically, but that's more of an opinion than an issue.

All in all, these are rather minor errors and should be all quick fixes.

Hope that helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very nice...
    the graphics need some additional work i think

using my conversation glasses i would...
    1. change the text of the first slider to say "we do... (service in 5 words)" and then a big read more button!
    2. i would make those big boxes reacte to mouse hover to make clicking more inviting
    3. add some client testimonials under the last paragraph

Hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am speaking with the website designer regarding making the boxes react to mouse hover and making the blue in the background not so blinding.. pictures I will be changing shortly, text I have changed to.. other thoughts?