Hello all! I have been working in just about every stage of the Web design/development life cycle for the last 18+ years; in the last four years, I have found myself concentrating on the front end, using the core skills of HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript/jQuery. In the current economic environment, I have had to work in contract roles for the last year and a half; my last project ended a month ago, and I'm starting to get a little anxious about finding my next opportunity.

While on my last contract, I became aware (and alarmed) that I have fallen behind the curve with regard to front end technologies. I am just barely getting up to speed with MVC, and only now am getting used to products like Grunt, Bower, and Yeoman. I have had a little exposure to KnockoutJS, but there seems to be an even greater demand for AngularJS and BackboneJS.

I can claim credit for being pretty much up to date with Responsive design and Bootstrap, but there is so much else happening on the front end. Would you all advise me on the quickest/shortest route to fill in these gaps in my experience and become a taxpayer again? :-) Thanks in advance!