User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Align checkbox vertically

Hi,

I am trying to align a checkbox to a button vertically and I tried using margin but it doesn't work.

Here is my code:

HTML Code:
    <input type="checkbox" style="margin-top: 2px" /> <button type="button" style="cursor: pointer; width: 80px; padding: 2px 0 3.5px 0; font-size: 13px">Button</button>
    I am basically trying to move the checkbox about 2px down.

Thanks for any help.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: I guess I should have used the word "horizontally". I was thinking about how "vertical-align" property works.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You might end up chasing your tail a bit on this. Some browsers align these vertically by default, so if you start to add margins for the sake of one browser, others might get thrown off. Is there a particular browser this is not working in?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Firefox and Chrome, it is not aligned and it is above the middle horizontal line of the button by the same amount. So, moving it down like 2px is what I want to accomplish. In my code, the top margin has no effect on the checkbox and I don't know why.

EDIT: When I add "float: left" to the checkbox, the margin worked. I still don't know why it doesn't work without the float.