User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    Right now I am not sure, I don't want to put too much info on the front page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice looking site but the header area for me really lets it down! Logo ok but the menu bar in the top right isn't inline and not very pleasing on the eye? but the rest of the site is nice and clean

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The colors/contrast and fonts readability looks fine.

Is the message clear enough? Is it easy to get relevant information? Yes, it's easy to get the needed information and find it.

How is the navigation? How is it once resized? I don't like the navigation. I think you should center it and better hover elements.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You say you have over 12 years of experience but your portfolio doesn't really have anything in it besides comps for your own website :/

Forget the website design the reason as a business/potential client I would even visit your site is to see your portfolio. The portfolio needs a lot of work or you need to make it clear that your just starting back again and not give the false impression to people that you have been the industry for 12 years – because that portfolio is not a portfolio of someone who has been in web design for 12 years – more like less than a year if you ask me.

Do you have a resume by chance? If you lack portfolio pieces perhaps it would be best to include a resume so people can at least see your work history and qualifications.

Having said all that 9 years is a long hiatus. I don't think it is wise to open up a web design/development shop having not been in the industry for that long. That is comparable to a student opening shop right out of college. Technology moves fast and 9 years is a long time in this industry. Nearly like starting over…

So I don't mean to be rude but if I were a potential client wandering your site I would have a hard time understanding how you think you're qualified to run your own shop… to be honest. Unless there is something which I would have missed the experience just isn't there. Setting a personal site with Drupal is really a far cry from some of the services you offer. I would just like to understand what makes you qualified to offer some of those other services because I just don't see it.

I think you need to be overall more honest and realistic about the services you offer. Saying that you have been in the industry for 12 years is really just a flat out lie. Anyone with web industry experience can see right through that given the portfolio. If you had more work in the portfolio that wasn't "fake" you could possibly get away with it but as it stands no way.

Also perhaps I misunderstood but are you saying this site is built with Drupal. If so I'm not seeing any indicators it was built with Drupal. Either your that good with covering it up or it looks to be just a static site of pages.
    The only code I hate more than my own is everyone else's.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site was ported to drupal a few weeks ago and I decided to remove drupal and port the design into WP. But I found a job this week so the site has no revelence anymore