User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeep & Auto Parts - Service - E-commerce Review

www.clemson4wheel.com

We moved from a obsolete platform fall of last year. Bounce rates hover around 38% with conversions around .78 - 1% for most large ticket items. The site is not responsive but Ive added a few media queries to make it look pretty decent on most screen sizes. No IE7 support but we take it as a decent trade off as our IE7 traffic is almost nill.

Most direct traffic to manufacturer landing categories are extremely targeted with bounce rates as low as 15%. Our traffic is slowly dropping while our Google impressions and CTRs are improving. Big ticket item sales and a overall decrease in conversion rates can be directly correlated to the decrease in targeted traffic.

Cart abandonment's are almost non-existent. Most traffic drops on the product pages or search page. What can I do to improve the product pages? Our main sellers are the WARN and BESTOP categories and are the categories with the most time invested.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup? Is my title not compelling enough or is our website just perfect? =-)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi newrykillz
    I visited your website and my impression was it laggs a bit because you've too many sliders on your site I guess. The footer at the bottom looks good in my oppinion. You could shorten your URL's as well it's kinda long :P But overall the site looks good to me. The only big thing that bothers me is the lagg, it's not very smooth to navigate trough your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's not weird and looks like gaming site but that's fine. One thing i noticed is that there is bit long scroll on the home page. Overall it gets 4 out of 5.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defuze View Post
    Hi newrykillz
    I visited your website and my impression was it laggs a bit because you've too many sliders on your site I guess. The footer at the bottom looks good in my oppinion. You could shorten your URL's as well it's kinda long :P But overall the site looks good to me. The only big thing that bothers me is the lagg, it's not very smooth to navigate trough your website.
    The home page makes you lag? First complaint Ive heard about lag. Maybe I need to take the slider effects off and just use a simple fade in/out. The homepage is heavily optimized (w3 valid, Optimized Images etc) but Im unable to gzip or compress due to platform limitations. I'll remove the slider effects for sure. The lengthy scroll is due to the amount of information I need to cram into a 990px wide column. I almost wished we had went with a full column width design. Thanks for the replies.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removed the slider effects and replaced them with a simple fade. Should fix the lag for you? Any other recommendations and changes would be greatly appreciated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The black background scares people away. Not everyone likes scrolling down of 1 meter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Newrykillz,

I took a quick look at your website and the impression I do get is a "serious off-road gear" website, so that's good. But I find that there's a bit too much content on the home page. It's kind of like 3-4 pages in one. This is just personal preference but i like simplicity on the home page. Maybe end the content just after the categories of products/ product slider. It's a nice online store however, gets a lot of information to the customer about your store quickly and up front.

Cheers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design, but as a suggestion, maybe you could dump some unnecessary elements and make everything more roomy. You have lots of unnecessary javascript and effects there (eg. rotating the brands). And social feeds... Too much information, really. keep it simple.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the colors used. However, it seems a bit outdated. There is too much content on the first page. Try adding CSS based tabs and maybe jquery to add a small but noticeable effect.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review

Hi,

Your site looks nice and professional. I do think however that you seem to attempt to tell your visitors too much in just a single page.
    Your homepage is "long", lotsa scrolling and "internal advertising"
    You could spend less space for the header and give the user your main categories as the first thing they see.
    Imo, the categories deserves to be allways visible and not in the dropdown.
    It has ALOT of graphics, sliders and animations.
    You could have optimmized your site by using some more text instead of graphics.
    This would make your site perform better both speed-wise and in the search engines.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. However. I got to stay busy and all the content on the home page keeps me pretty busy. Im constantly adding/changing. The owners arent afraid to scroll so neither am I. Thanks for the input! Great feed back from everyone.