User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my E-commerce website

Hello guys,

I just launched my online store www.fanrek.com, I would more than happy to know your opinion about it.

How's your feeling of my website? And what stop you from buying things from my website if you are a customer? I'd like to hear anything and everything you want to say about my website.

Sorry for my poor English and thank you very much for taking time to review my website.

Gary from
    www.fanrek.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site offers a lot to visitors, which is a good thing to have especially if this is your first website after all. Plus, you do not have poor English, so good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the initial level, your website sounds good but you need to increase more and more products as time goes. What to purchase and what not to purchase depends on buyers persona. If i talk about me, would like to go for Tshirts.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi garyxu

I was looking at your site, and I have one comment:

- It'd be good if you revise the content in 'TV' found in the menu bar, as there are categories written in either capitals or lower-case.

Kind Regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad. Magento is a great choice and I'm glad to see you chose it. One suggestion. Contact forms are great but a telephone number often gives buyers an extra sense of security. Even if it's not local or toll free a phone number does wonders for credibility.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have a short description of your website at the top near the logo. You may think that people will browse through to find out what is your site is about but people are very quick to click back button and disappear. You need to make those couple seconds that take most people to make a decision to stay or go count.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to look good!
    But you have to edit something.

Remove grey background of the world cup in home.
    If is possible, add the site description, I don't understand the purpose of the site.
    Try to use the same format for every image.

Add also a phone number and maybe, a live chat...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock theme. Stock graphics (like the "now shop with paypal!" ) Everyone knows about Paypal by now. Maybe replace that banner with a paypal bill-me-later banner. Product descriptions are lacking and the bundled/custom products selection was extremely confusing. Also, You are still using the stock Magento favicon! Lots of work to do but you seem to be on the right track imo.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Your site is called fanrek.com, but your logo reads "FanTrek". That confused me and may well confuse others.

You also need to pay attention to typos, such as "Froze Merchandise" when you mean "Frozen". And I'd suggest changing the "Check out" button there to read "Check it out". It's a small difference in English, but "check it out" means "go and have a look", whilst "check out" generally means "go and pay for the goods in your basket/cart", so again, it could cause confusion to your visitors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +
    I like the minimalistic and clean design. Lots of white spaces.

+/-
    I like the logo. But I had a hard time recognizing the 'k' and it's mispelt.

-
    While I did say I like the minimalistic looks, the simplicity also makes it look unproffesional. The mixing of flat colors clashes with borders and gradient buttons.
    Remove the gray background. Either make it white so "melts" into the rest of the content or make it stand out more (I guess it's featured items?)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should made a little bit change on your Logo as it's not representative your site's name

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website looks very nice, it also offers discount coupons which is one of the many ways to boost conversion rates, like adding testimonials to the site, and putting an SSL security “trust badge” on a checkout page, with the goal of convincing potential customers that the process is safe and secure.

I guess your website is missing an SSL certificate. Establishing credibility with an SSL trust badge can significantly increase conversion rate

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clean, obvious, reassuring. I was a little confused at not being able to click on all the graphics on the homepage and the 'partners' line with seo links puts me off (but I'm in the industry so see that as a little dodgy). Not sure how well the 3 column dropdown will play on small UIXs but beyond that nothing much to putt me off. But not to put me on either as I don't tend to purchase this stuff.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The web page is simply and clear. The shopping process is similar to many online shopping sites, don't need any reference I can do my shopping. It’s a nice shopping website.
    There are some suggestions :
    1. When I view an item (eg. Rebellious Eminem Extend Middle Finger Plastic iPhone 5S Case), there is “special instructions (optional)*”. * and optional is confusing for me. Optional means I can fill the field or not; * means it’s a required field.
    2. When I view a category, the goods are sorted by “position” by default. What is the mean of “Position” in here?
    3. In the left panel, there is “Shop By” panel. The font of “Shop By” is different from other parts of the page, seems it’s shadowed. For me, it looks strange, when I view the page I always focus on it.
    4. I suggest you could add a function: shop by type on all items: costume, necklace, t-shirt, etc. Now you just provide the function just on each category: movie, tv, music, etc.