SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I was once, believe it or not, a clued-up webmaster. Unfortunately, due to work commitments, I have not been keeping in touch with the web and my web site.

So, I've decided I really should sell my webmaster resource site, EthosOnline.com, while it still has worth, but I haven't got a clue where to advertise the sale, or what I should do to go about selling it. Has anyone here successfully sold their site? How? Any tips?

All help and advice greatly appreciated!
    EthosOnline.com - Creative Online Solutions, Design & Print, Event Management & IT Consultancy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could list the site on http://www.ebay.com, http://www.afternic.com, or http://www.greatdomains.com.

Also I know http://www.gethighforums.com has a place where you can list your site to sell to other webmasters.

Maybe you want to mention that the site is for sale on the site somewhere, or in your newsletter(if you have one).

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think eBay is your best bet - AfterNIC and GreatDomains are okay, but are obviously more targetted at the selling of domains, rather than sites. IE: the domain is the most valuable thing, whereas for your site, the content/site is more valuable than the domain, and would bring in the most.

That said, your site is clean and quick loading - good luck with it! You have a fine site.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add your site to my directory under category business for sale. It's free and is solely help someone to sell their business or web site.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey b'vis, so you're the owner of EthosOnline? I used to love that site, and am sorry it isn't being updated. Contact me and we can chat sometime.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your site, I wish I could buy it off you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to sell the site to someone who apreciates the amount of work that we've put into it and will continue the site. In its hayday it was quite popular, and I'm sure it can be again.

Therefore, using an online auction wouldn't be suitable - I'd like to pick for myself who has it.

I'm offering a very flexible package - I'm willing to sell the content alone for use on other sites if that's what people want. So Nicky, M. James, Addto, anyone!!! - please have a look around and see how much you think it's worth.

I just thought with there being so many success stories about sites that are doing so well etc. etc. there'd be a place where people can put them up for sale. If there isn't, maybe someone here would be interested in starting one!
    EthosOnline.com - Creative Online Solutions, Design & Print, Event Management & IT Consultancy

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid I am not the right person. I don't have the time for a site such as yours as a webmaster site requires a lot of tender loving care Also, I already write for SitePoint and I do not wish to get involved with another site with might be in compeition.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B'vis,

To sell your site, you need to provide the following info. or else potential buyers cannot assess whether it is worthy to take action:

1. The current monthly and average daily unique visitors and pageviews.

2. Possibily, visitors' demographics (male/female percentage, how long they stay at your site, their occupation, age distribution)

3. How do you make money on-line, in the past 6 months, how much do you generate monthly?

4. Each month's maintenance cost? Including web hosting or any other related service.

5. What's the goal/mission of the site?

6. Do you also sell the domain name?

7. Any promotion methods you are adopted?
    Abc Internet Marketing TV
    Guide to Internet Marketing books and Web Site Promotion Advice, Software, and Service....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

done it

Hi everyone,

We had a phenominal amount of interest regarding the sale of EthosOnline.com - even from some large online companies (literally hundreds of people requesting info). Unfortunately we couldn't keep up with the demand!

The future of EthosOnline.com has been secured and we relaunch soon, so on behalf of the company I'd like to thank you all for your help and opinions.

Cheers!