SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Service review: Deez.io domain monitoring service

I have just launched my first startup after more than a year of development. It is a free and paid domain monitoring service, and I'm looking to get as much feedback for it as possible to improve it further.

url: https://deez.io

In particular, I'm looking for the following feedback:

1. How appealing is the front page of the service. Would you make changes to it?
    2. Free users get one free domain, do you think that is sufficient?
    3. Are the differences between free and paying users made clear?
    4. Is there anything missing on the site that non-registered users may want to see or read about?
    5. Could you see yourself using the site?

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The site is very clean and looks professional.

For the plans, the differences are clear, but you might want to consider including an option for folks to be able to increase number of domains being monitored. There's a big jump between 10 and 100+. What if I had 12 domains? Or 25? I really wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having to contact someone about it, and would rather just be able to add the option on my own.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Flow View Post
    The site is very clean and looks professional.

For the plans, the differences are clear, but you might want to consider including an option for folks to be able to increase number of domains being monitored. There's a big jump between 10 and 100+. What if I had 12 domains? Or 25? I really wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having to contact someone about it, and would rather just be able to add the option on my own.
    You can actually buy add-on domains if you have signed up for a pro plan, as many as you want. I probably should add that bit of information to the plan feature list to make that clearer. Thanks!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    so i'd agree its nice and clean. I'd perhaps like to see a little more design though. It's nice but things like the buttons are pretty standard CSS generator ones. Perhaps an arrow in them or something to make them more interesting.

I'd perhaps try oversizing the " quote marks to make them stand out a little more. Might just be a personal preference though.

The important bit for me though is that i would add a sub heading under the 'Start monitoring your domains now!'
    As a newbie they might not know that their domain is their website and you also want people to instantly know what your site is about.

perhaps something like
    Start monitoring your domains now!
    Get automatic email and sms alerts if your website goes down and much more...

On my laptop the screen ends at the laptop screen so i would have to scroll to read about your service.

Hope that's useful

Good job
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great point. Will implement that asap. Sometimes what I think is clear is not for others. Cannot thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Noppy View Post
    Hi,
    so i'd agree its nice and clean. I'd perhaps like to see a little more design though. It's nice but things like the buttons are pretty standard CSS generator ones. Perhaps an arrow in them or something to make them more interesting.

I'd perhaps try oversizing the " quote marks to make them stand out a little more. Might just be a personal preference though.

The important bit for me though is that i would add a sub heading under the 'Start monitoring your domains now!'
    As a newbie they might not know that their domain is their website and you also want people to instantly know what your site is about.

perhaps something like
    Start monitoring your domains now!
    Get automatic email and sms alerts if your website goes down and much more...

On my laptop the screen ends at the laptop screen so i would have to scroll to read about your service.

Hope that's useful

Good job

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I like your design, it's looks clean and professional, as everybody else mentioned.

However, I have few comments and suggestions about your service:

1) Nice designed buttons you have, however, the gradients and borders are having weak contrast:

How you can see on first picture, gradient on the button and bottom border merge together and you couldn't distinguish border from background. Try make the border a little bit lighter.
    On second picture gradient and border's colors are merging together with background, try make the colors lighter.

2) Ok, you have on main page picture like this:

Who are they, why should I trust these guys? Leave at least the link to their work or websites.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tool and great design. You should have a well describe content on the homepage to detail your site services.
    Overall is very professional..

After registering i discovered there's no backlink tool as as on the site homepage.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Jul 5, 2014 at 22:15.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvesloren View Post
    Nice tool and great design. You should have a well describe content on the homepage to detail your site services.
    Overall is very professional..

After registering i discovered there's no backlink tool as as on the site homepage.
    Hi there, thanks for your comment. Where do you see the backlink tool mentioned?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will start working on those contrasts and quotes!

Quote Originally Posted by volter9 View Post
    Hello,

I like your design, it's looks clean and professional, as everybody else mentioned.

However, I have few comments and suggestions about your service:

1) Nice designed buttons you have, however, the gradients and borders are having weak contrast:

How you can see on first picture, gradient on the button and bottom border merge together and you couldn't distinguish border from background. Try make the border a little bit lighter.
    On second picture gradient and border's colors are merging together with background, try make the colors lighter.

2) Ok, you have on main page picture like this:

Who are they, why should I trust these guys? Leave at least the link to their work or websites.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bookmarked your site and I will try to use it
    1. Your site looks great, but maybe one thing, pricing at bottom you can do in different style with less info, because you have already in menu same pricing. (something like FREE - 1 domain, PRO -10 domains, ...)
    2. One free domain is very good for start to see how useful is this tool.
    3. I will try to monitor my domain as free user and I will see.
    4. First you need to see whole site, to see if something mission, but you can add some feature like users feedback?
    5. Like I wrote above
    PS: some sites have trial period.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your review.

I thought about adding a trial period for the pro account, but don't think it is really necessary as you can sign up for free to see how everything works out. Or am I wrong here?

You can get additional free domains by referring other users.

User suggestions are definitely on the to-do list. Not sure yet how to implement those though. Will have to check out services and find one that fits best.

Quote Originally Posted by ISScyborg View Post
    I bookmarked your site and I will try to use it
    1. Your site looks great, but maybe one thing, pricing at bottom you can do in different style with less info, because you have already in menu same pricing. (something like FREE - 1 domain, PRO -10 domains, ...)
    2. One free domain is very good for start to see how useful is this tool.
    3. I will try to monitor my domain as free user and I will see.
    4. First you need to see whole site, to see if something mission, but you can add some feature like users feedback?
    5. Like I wrote above
    PS: some sites have trial period.