Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Design Website

A simple message, simply told - http://swag.ie

Any reviews of this web design page would be welcomed. I know the contact form has issues, and am working on that.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be good to have a portfolio where we can see your work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not found anything special. Some images & a Logo will add some extra flavor to your website. A user friendly navigation is also required.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I tested your site on a HTC One and in Chrome on my desktop.

Things I liked:
    1: The Page title, I knew immediately what you did.
    2: The one column layout is appealing
    3: The prominent contact details make it easy for me to contact you
    4: The newspaper background is interesting.
    5: The humour of you site is good too.

Things you could improve:

1: The site would benefit from screenshots of your work
    2: The colour scheme is very loud. Check out colourlovers.com for inspiration. I'd opt for something more subtle
    3: The contact us page would benefit from a photo of you or your logo.
    4: Testimonials would encourage me to hire you. Do you have these? If not, consider doing some free work for family and then asking them to write one for you.
    5: Your packages need pictures and bullet points and should be broken up more. On the web, people scan content rather than read it in its entirety.

Overall, it's a good website but there are number of changes you'll need to make to attract clients including SEO. I'd have a look at http://www.awwwards.com/ for inspiration.

I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sincerely, i kinda dislike it. Has round and square corners, a not so nice colorscheme, no portfolio and looks cheap - no offence intended.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very simple not that much impressive. Try to place meaningful images. Because a message can convey the content more than the passage writing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I am not a fan of your website's design, but I knew this type of website works for some targeted people - I used to see some websites like that sell SEO service or video tutorials ( If you heard of WarriorForum you know what I mean).
    So if you make the design intended, that's OK. Otherwise I'd suggest you redesign your whole page.

Providing some of your previously works to visitor would give your service much more credits.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the background, and your site is a quick stop for people to shop. Good idea!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I'd like to say that it took courage to share your site with us. While I'm still learning design, I would like to give my input. I thought the image was decent. Your rounded content box matches the background of your image. However, the rounded boxes seems a little out of place.It's a bit inconsistent design wise, because the image and first content box are rounded and the other content sections are square. It's an incomplete design in my opinion. I can read the slogan, but there is a hint of strain. Perhaps using a black outline around the font would help with legibility. The content font is readable and easy on the eyes and I love the added touch of professionalism-- the signature . I like the bold font suggestions. I like where you were going here, I really do. If I might add one more suggestion. While I was reading, I found my eyes straying off the page to look at the background. I had to keep reminding myself to focus on the content. I'm thinking it might be helpful to get rid of the repeating background and maybe add your newspaper image in a div or section and use a white background to keep the reader from straying off the page. Other than that, great website. You've done more than I can do. Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice and attractive website.....even navigation is also easy........any layman can access the site....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don`t like website design, it's not a user friendly website and check your w3c validator error.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The static background is like 800x600 pixels, seems not right when your computer is using higher res than that. How about following through your comic theme and put like old comics instead of newspaper?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Nice website design.Add some more and beautiful images, it will look more better and good.
    Thanks and keep sharing..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not what I expected. Different, that's for sure. Not sure who you are targeting but as a business owner I wouldnt go with a designer that based his own services off of cartoon / comic characters. The design is solid other than the lack of past/previous work. I would get up some work and customer testimonials. Would also stick up a picture of some faces to make it more personalized.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I didn't like it. Looks too simple and plain with clashing elements. And the newspaper background is terrible, very distracting. And a cartoon logo doesn't seem appropriate. You are offering a professional service, 'quality web design' as you call it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is nice, not sure about the fixed background img. I would probably put more key elements of your work right at the top instead of having to scroll down.
    I would change this in your contact us part: "Email - Click Here Now" just use a link on the e-mail, that's it!
    One last thing, increase the contact form textarea width.
    Other than that, great work!

California City, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have check out your site, now you need few change in site, please make user friendly site, you have not forum on site which is most important please create 1st than, change background of site, design one more page regarding your portfolio or regarding what you do, also design footers.
    Hope these necessary changes are required.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmikes View Post
    you have not forum on site which is most important please create 1st
    Why on earth would a forum be important on a web design business site? I certainly wouldn't expect to find one there. Please could you explain your thinking?

California City, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaah sure, you need to create a contact us forum

You can also change the name of contact forum like we change its name as get quote so catch this contact forum & setup as same like given link.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Mar 29, 2014 at 03:32. Reason: Example not required

SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    contact forum
    Do you mean contact form?

There is a contact form at the bottom of the page.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmikes View Post
    Yaah sure, you need to create a contact us forum
    Ah - you mean a contact form. Yes, that makes sense - and they do already have one, if you look.

(A forum is a place for discussion - like this site. )

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website is very clean and simple and load fast except the heavy background. I think that you could present your company in the start of the page and not in the
    end of your website. I like your logo, very impressive! furthermore, you should present examples of your previous projects and few links for websites that you have
    created in the past and opiniors or comments from current customers. Also, you should check for validation errors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got bored before i even read the first line, i don't see anything good about if am to look at in as a website for a web company, if it we for a comic book store it would have worked fine. Change it all from the design to the colors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw the website, I thought it us for kids. But the website is for business !!
    The website is called "Super Web Design". But I see one page that is very easy to create .
    What do you think about changing the name of the website. Your website is not super. I'm sorry to say this.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, if you're from the web design community you might not be overly impressed. Dated graphics, simple html, tepid colour scheme.
    Man on the street might like it for its speed and simplicity but as others have pointed out man on the street would also want some testimonials and a portfolio before hiring you.