SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

attract users trust

How to attract visitors/users trust for your site? For a while I did use TrustGurard to show users that we are not anonymous but it did not affect anything. How can we attract users trust?

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trust is a combination of many things that a website and business can portray - brand familiarity, professionalism, usability, quality of display and product. The more a customer can identify with the business and not have doubts placed in their mind, the more trust they'll place in the business. Even people without an educated knowledge of online business will subconsciously pick up on cues that a site 'isn't quite right' compared to what they see from known and trusted businesses.
    Low quality design, poor over-compressed images, a lack of professional company details and contact numbers and an office address, no indication of the people or history of a business; any of these and many more might get people clicking away to more trusted competitors.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of the "cues" for me is well polished copy. Not that I haven't seen "trusted" sites containing typos or poor sentence structure, and certainly not that I don't make my own share of them. But other's poorly written content puts me off if it's supposed to be a professional site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to get good feedback all over the web (your site thematic forums, trustpilot etc...) it is rather powerful tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does TrustGuard seal help to attract trust?
    @webinse: what is trustpilot?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is rather trustworthy website where you can leave your honest impression about services or products that you have received from particular store/ company...
    http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Mar 17, 2014 at 05:27. Reason: URL delinked

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webinse View Post
    This is rather trustworthy website where you can leave your honest impression about services or products that you have received from particular store/ company...
    That's not at all the impression I have from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trustpilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a testimonial/review collector? What about if dishonest companies write review for themselves?