SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Confession of a spammer

    Hi guys ,
    my actual name is Rohit Chauhan, not paul i am a delhi(india ) based Website designer , also a Seo.
    3 months back i was spamming forums to push some of the search results to the top google page.

    it was back then that i joined this forum.

    When i was working i realised that these forums were such great help that spamming these forums was a waste of my time, when i could learn so much from them .

    i am really moved by the way the moderators have helped me solve some of the problems that i was having, its an honor to be part of such a beautifull community

    Thank you very much !


    and if you guys dont ban me , can i change my username plz.


    thanks.

  2. #2
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,166
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsnider11 View Post
    and if you guys dont ban me , can i change my username plz.
    Just send a PM to @HAWK ; or @ralph.m ; and they can work with you to get your username changed.

  3. #3
    Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    HAWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsnider11 View Post
    Hi guys ,
    my actual name is Rohit Chauhan, not paul i am a delhi(india ) based Website designer , also a Seo.
    3 months back i was spamming forums to push some of the search results to the top google page.

    it was back then that i joined this forum.

    When i was working i realised that these forums were such great help that spamming these forums was a waste of my time, when i could learn so much from them .

    i am really moved by the way the moderators have helped me solve some of the problems that i was having, its an honor to be part of such a beautifull community

    Thank you very much !


    and if you guys dont ban me , can i change my username plz.


    thanks.
    Hi Rohit,
    Thanks for your honesty. If that doesn't deserve a second chance, I don't know what does!

    What would you like your username changed to?

  4. #4
    SitePoint Wizard webcosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,480
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was funny reading that. But how can you call yourself SEO when spamming? That`s what i ask myself...

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webcosmo View Post
    That was funny reading that. But how can you call yourself SEO when spamming? That`s what i ask myself...
    Yes you are probably right , but thats what i learned from my previous employers ,maybe i will learn something valuable here.
    Thanks for being so welcoming and yes the post was ment to be funny.

  6. #6
    Keeper of the SFL StarLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    3,748
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "When i was working i realised that these forums were such great help that spamming these forums was a waste of my time, when i could learn so much from them ."

    Might also have had something to do with the fact that these forums both actively destroy spam posts and is entirely nofollow and hide signatures from bots and thus does absolutely nothing for your google rank, and have been so for years.
    Never grow up. The instant you do, you lose all ability to imagine great things, for fear of reality crashing in.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you got me.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to respect a man like this hope he ' s not doing the same thing on the forum.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •