SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Don't forget about "wise". You know, healthy, wealthy and wise. I'd prefer to be wise, because in the end, wisdom is more powerful (and useful) than money or health. With true wisdom, you rise above the need for both wealth and health. Well, according to my guru, anyway ... although he's dead now ...

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Don't forget about "wise". You know, healthy, wealthy and wise. I'd prefer to be wise, because in the end, wisdom is more powerful (and useful) than money or health. With true wisdom, you rise above the need for both wealth and health. Well, according to my guru, anyway ... although he's dead now ...
    Surprise, surprise... we all die...

Still, while I appreciate wisdom, I would still prefer being healthy than wise. You may be as wise as the wisest man but if you feel like crap... that wouldn't matter, really

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no desire to be wealthy. Enough to get by yes, but excess, no.

True, considering many in the world would be happy to have adequate clean water to drink let alone food to eat, I guess I might be thought of as "wealthy" since I have shelter, clothing, food and water, and "extras" like electronic lighting and entertainment equipment. So at present I do more than "get by".

Health on the other hand is something I can't do much about. I can influence it some by making wise life-style choices, but eventually either slowly or quickly, decline is inevitable. So if I had to choose only one of the two, health would be it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    both of them

if not both, healthy first

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather be health. What is wealth when you are not able to enjoy it well if you're sick. The funny this is that we work really hard to get wealthy. And then later on we develop difference illnesses or diseases to the point that we end up spending much of our wealth to be healthy. ahahaha. True. That's why we should take care of ourselves. Health is wealth.
    Visigraph DECALS, BANNERS, SIGNS, and DISPLAYS!

Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. ZERO complaints in 10 years!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ng_Xen View Post
    I'd rather be health. What is wealth when you are not able to enjoy it well if you're sick. The funny this is that we work really hard to get wealthy. And then later on we develop difference illnesses or diseases to the point that we end up spending much of our wealth to be healthy. ahahaha. True. That's why we should take care of ourselves. Health is wealth.
    I agree with you. Me too prefer to be healthy. I can still look for ways to become wealthy if i am healthy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer both.But firstly I go through health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will always be healthy, as the saying goes, health is wealth. No matter how wealthy you are, if you were sick you might loss your properties just to get cured and worse you might end up losing all your fortune since no product is immune from inflation. I even read from an article that the slow economy has made most of us tighten our belts, and it seems costs continue to rise. In cases like this, financial blogs and articles is very helpful.<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Mar 4, 2014 at 07:06. Reason: No self-promotion, please

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAC

I think healthy.Becouse a cricketer cannot do big boundry without a great health.

SitePoint Member SutharsanJIsles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down I disagree with guido2004

Quote Originally Posted by guido2004 View Post
    General Discussions is the place for threads that don't fit in any of the other forums. But, as you can see it is called "Discussions". A list of "I prefer this/that" is not a discussion, and is not interesting for anyone.

Why don't you start by answering your own question, explaining WHY you prefer healthy or wealthy?

The same goes for all that want to participate in this thread. You must explain WHY you prefer the one or the other. And you may also respond to the answer of someone else. Any replies that are limited to "I prefer this/that" will be considered fluff and handled as such from now on.
    If you don't know what fluff is, please read our FAQs.
    Guido2004, you may have been here very long and possibly even be an administrator here. But that does not mean (or at least should not mean) you get to decide what is interesting and what is not to someone else I personally find it an interesting topic and in asking a question, the starter of the thread, IMO, need not state their own stance

So for the person who started this thread, my take is one of individual preference. Some people may prefer to be wealthy. Their health probably wouldn't matter if in the short time they were healthy, they could enjoy all that money could possibly buy. Some people may prefer health over wealth. For them, living is probably more worthwhile in itself.

IMO, it is wiser to choose health. But if you look at how most of us live life today, you can see how many of us are always running about trying to do a lot of things and working hard for the money that we tend to ignore our health. This thread could become one that explores more themes than what the initial question may have intended. Or that may have been the intention Either way, it is a good one and one that may cause people to reflect on their lives

Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SutharsanJIsles View Post
    Guido2004, you may have been here very long and possibly even be an administrator here. But that does not mean (or at least should not mean) you get to decide what is interesting and what is not to someone else I personally find it an interesting topic and in asking a question, the starter of the thread, IMO, need not state their own stance
    Off Topic:

I may be confused, but Guido2004 never stated the original author needed to state their own stance on the topic, but any responses to the question needed to exceed "I prefer X" or just a one word answer of "X". To which most (if not all participants) have expressed why they choose X and that has made this thread a lot more interesting. You not only get their preference but why it matters to them to help validate that stance. The stance alone is meaningless unless you know why it was their decision to begin with.

Hopefully that helps clarify his post, but it wasn't directed at the original poster, but rather all participants to ensure this became a lively discussion.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SutharsanJIsles View Post
    the starter of the thread, IMO, need not state their own stance
    Opinions are fine, but rules override them. It's stated clearly in the guidelines for this forum that posters need to get things started by offering an opinion or view, rather than just dropping in a random question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we all prefer to the health but the wealth is also very important for balance of health.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm..!! its really quite difficult to put our vies on this ..!!
    because both the things have some importance in their context..!!
    As i think if a person has Good Health and no wealth, at some point of time he might loose his Health to get that wealth..!!
    Get FREE RECHARGE for your mobile working for worldwide
    BEST ONLNE OFFERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the natural spontaneous answer would be Health. For,wealth without good health becomes useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heath before Wealth becasue good health will bring great wealth

SitePoint Member
    Tsarigradski Komplex 280 DSofia 1000, Bulgaria
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Health is a best as If health will be good and you can get wealth

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Members,
    Well I prefer to stay healthy. According to me if a person is healthy then he can earn money also. In other words we can say that if any person is physical or mentally fit then he can earn sufficient money. So I prefer to stay Healthy.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple formula for Healthy or Wealthy? Join fitness center GYM ....love it......

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do i have to choose. I want it both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the high cost of medical care and insurance, one would have to be wealthy in order to be healthy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Healthy! if you are unhealthy all your wealth will be gone. That is why its health is wealth not wealth is health. I hope its clear!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually dont want to be wealthy I think I would feel uncomfortable and stressed if I had a lot of money.
    If I have more than I need I give it to charities, but right now Im a student and me and my fiance are getting married so I cant give a lot to charities right now.
    I have also worked as a collector for charities before and I think its interesting how usually rich people dont give ANYTHING at all, while the poorer people are the ones to actually give money to charity.... thats something to think about. There are always these rich celebrities being talked about in the news cause they have given "so much" money to charity when in fact if you compare it to their income they wouldnt even notice that they gave away that money, in their every day life. But the people who give half of what they earn when they barely have enough to support themselves; those people are never written about in the papers...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will prefer Healthy because if you have millions of rupees and you cant even move by yourself than what is the benefit of that money, However motive is of life is to be Happy not to be Rich.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malouisa View Post
    I agree with you. Me too prefer to be healthy. I can still look for ways to become wealthy if i am healthy
    so true!
    Visigraph DECALS, BANNERS, SIGNS, and DISPLAYS!

Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. ZERO complaints in 10 years!