SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Movies 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What holiday-release movies are you most excited about?[list=1][*] Grinch (Jim Carrey, Tyler Momsen, Anthony Hopkins)[*] 6th Day (Arnold Schwarzenegger) [*] Red Planet (Val Kilmer, Benjamin Bratt, Carrie-Anne Moss, Tom Sizemore, Terrence Stamp, Simon Baker)[*] Unbreakable (Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and Robin Wright Penn)[*] 102 Dalmations (Glenn Close, Gerard Depardieu)[*] Vertical Limit (Chris O'Donnell, Bill Paxton, Scott Glenn)[*] Dungeons & Dragons (Jeremy Irons, Thora Birch, Marlan Wayans)[*] What Women Want (Mel Gibson, Helen Hunt, Marisa Tomei)[*] Cast Away (Tom Hanks, Helen Hunt)[*] The Family Man (Nicolas Cage, Téa Leoni)[*] Miss Congeniality (Sandra Bullock)[*] O Brother, Where Art Thou? (George Clooney, John Turturro, Tim Blake Nelson, Michael Badalucco, Charles Durning, John Goodman)[/list=1]

[Edited by jamesglewisf on 11-21-2000 at 07:24 AM]
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm most interested in Unbreakable, Red Planet, and Cast Away.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Planet and Dungeons and Dragons for me. D&D being the most excited cos i'm a bit of an RPG geek

There's no release date here yet and it's rumoured it might be coming out straight on video. Boo!

But at least if it does I can buy the DVD and watch it over and over again.

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the DND Official Site, the UK release date is February 9, 2001.
    Jim Lewis
    FrappyDoo Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Arnold Schwarzenegger finally is in a good movie, but isn't unlikely. That Unbreakable movie looks good...

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard the exact opposite about Arnold's new movie. It is the worst of his career. I don't think I will be watching it. Probably relegate it to the "Movie Channel".

Of the movies listed, I will see "Unbreakable", "102 Dalmations", and the DND movie. Will try to throw in the "Grinch" as well but it is unlikely.

Having kids and with Yule being my favorite time of year, this next 6 weeks is the busiest time of the year.

All the parties, get-togethers, trips, shopping, quality time, wrapping, celebrating, decorating, cooking and other stuff really eats away at the time.

Busy... Busy... Busy...
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks

Probably d and d. The effects look fantastic.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see "Charlie's Angels". I know it is not on your list but don't forget we are really behind in movie releases here in the UK. "Charlie's Angles" is only being relaesed tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't list all of the movies coming out. I want to see Charlies Angels also. Are there any others that people are excited about?
    Jim Lewis
    FrappyDoo Forums

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess "Little Nicky" might be funny as I think Adam Sandler is hilarious!

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What holiday-release movies are you most excited about?[list=1][*] Grinch I might see it, its supposed to be good.[*] 6th Day I saw this the first time when it was called Total Recall[*] Red Planet Seen it, nice idea, poorly executed. It starts out with a summary of what has happened thus far, bad character development.[*] Unbreakable looks good[*] 102 Dalmations not a big talking animal fan[*] Vertical Limit Not a big Chris O'donnel fan.[*] Dungeons & Dragons Oh my God I want to see this.[*] What Women Want Never heard of it[*] Cast Away A must see.[*] The Family Man Téa Leoni is beautiful, and it looks good[*] Miss Congeniality looks funny[*] O Brother, Where Art Thou? Haven't heard of it[/list=1]

And I'll add one to your list

Billy Eliot - About a boy who learns ballet. Playboy gave it 4 bunny heads so I might go see it.

Chris

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one.

Proof Of Life (Russel Crowe, Meg Ryan) - Looks like a nice action flick, especially if Meg isn't as bubbly as normal.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll probably see Grinch since it got great reviews. I'll also see 6th Day just because it looks good too. Not on the list but I like it Charlie's Angels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    Another one.

Proof Of Life (Russel Crowe, Meg Ryan) - Looks like a nice action flick, especially if Meg isn't as bubbly as normal.
    I somehow missed that one. It sounds great. I like both of them. Apparently it is base upon a true story. Crowe plays a hostage negotiator who falls for the wife of the hostage.

Release date is December 8, 2000.
    Jim Lewis
    FrappyDoo Forums

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely the Grinch.

I'll probably not watch DND inspite of the amazing special effects, I've seen the trailer I can't stand their "Hercules" or "Mortal Kombat" style of talking.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End of Days didn't get good reviews from anybody I know who saw it, which is a shame because nearly all of his others films are great (Cross Last Action Hero, Junior off the list).

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - It's an OK film, it has it's moments like all films. Not a bad film but not a brilliant one either.
    Karl Austin :: Profile :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    Business Web Hosting :: Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Call 0800 542 9764 today and ask how we can help your business grow.

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw the 6th Day last night-- it was pretty impressive. Some parts were kind of unrealistic (duh...) but the story line isn't all that far fetched. And, I know since there are some RPG nerds hanging around here somewhere, you'll be happy to know I saw a preview for a 'Final Fantasy' movie.
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com