SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Diagnosed by Doctor House?

    I just read this article and had to share with you guys:
    Doctor Saves Man’s Life Because He Remembered How ‘House’ Treated Someone With Similar Symptoms

    The last line is what really cracked me up!

    Enjoy!

    Any other House addicts out there?
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

    Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

  2. #2
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmph, Guess not.
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

    Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

  3. #3
    Utopia, Inc. silver trophy
    ScallioXTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    9,077
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha, brilliant!

    I've watched the show in it's entirety, but I'm still having mixed feelings about it.
    Mostly it's interesting to watch, and the show certainly is well written, but some things are just so over the top it's just plain annoying (House ramming Cuddy's home, anyone?)

    So, definitely not a total waste of time, but I don't think I'll watch it again. At least not any time soon
    Rémon - Hosting Advisor

    SitePoint forums will switch to Discourse soon! Make sure you're ready for it!

    Minimal Bookmarks Tree
    My Google Chrome extension: browsing bookmarks made easy

  4. #4
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,136
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the first few seasons but after 3? it became a bit odd (as if the writers started to go a different direction) and I lost interest...

  5. #5
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    2,407
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have not watched the program and there is a 502 error on your link now.

  6. #6
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,606
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpradio View Post
    I watched the first few seasons but after 3? it became a bit odd (as if the writers started to go a different direction) and I lost interest...
    Yeah, it got to be pretty formulaic after a while.

    http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...e-of-house.jpg

    However, according to a few friends of mine in the medical field who watched it, they said most of what was on the show was more or less medically accurate. They probably had some decent technical/medical advisers.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

  7. #7
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,136
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Flow View Post
    Yeah, it got to be pretty formulaic after a while.
    Yeah, that part was fine, what really bored me was the story line outside of the hospital. Or the constant change in residents, etc. I got tired of trying to keep track of all of the outside fluff or felt there was too much emphasis on that for a while (maybe it has changed back, but I just couldn't keep watching it).

  8. #8
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,606
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpradio View Post
    Yeah, that part was fine, what really bored me was the story line outside of the hospital. Or the constant change in residents, etc. I got tired of trying to keep track of all of the outside fluff or felt there was too much emphasis on that for a while (maybe it has changed back, but I just couldn't keep watching it).
    Ah, the soap opera stuff
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

  9. #9
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,136
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Flow View Post
    Ah, the soap opera stuff
    Yep, I really enjoyed in "in hospital" stuff, it was many times logical, problem solving, etc. Kept my programmer brain racking to try and see if I could uncover something before they did (that was very evident in the early seasons... once that shifted, my brain was done).

    I had all of my friends and family hooked on it during Season 1, but they quickly grew bored of it after a few seasons too (due to the shift of focus to the "soap opera" stuff).

  10. #10
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,606
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpradio View Post
    Yep, I really enjoyed in "in hospital" stuff, it was many times logical, problem solving, etc. Kept my programmer brain racking to try and see if I could uncover something before they did (that was very evident in the early seasons... once that shifted, my brain was done).

    I had all of my friends and family hooked on it during Season 1, but they quickly grew bored of it after a few seasons too (due to the shift of focus to the "soap opera" stuff).
    I've noticed that some of the more recent sci-fi/fantasy shows (especially on the CW) are basically soap operas with vampires, werewolves, etc. Ever since the Twilight movies came out, there's been a shift in sci-fi/fantasy to include soap opera elements into those genres. I can't stand that stuff.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

  11. #11
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,136
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Flow View Post
    I've noticed that some of the more recent sci-fi/fantasy shows (especially on the CW) are basically soap operas with vampires, werewolves, etc. Ever since the Twilight movies came out, there's been a shift in sci-fi/fantasy to include soap opera elements into those genres. I can't stand that stuff.
    Me either. Just give me the geeky stuff and leave the rest out NCIS is still something I watch frequently because it doesn't really have the soap opera stuff in it (at least not as a focal point).

  12. #12
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,235
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used to love House although it was a bit weird in season 4 or 5. A bit later went back to its origins (which was way better) although sometimes some of the interins that were on the team were a bit too much (but I guess you can't be too normal if you are fighting your way to a group of geniouses like that)

    I prefer when they keep their stuff to the pacient itself and don't go too much over personal stuff but I do like the series


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •