SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Travis
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Hi, I have a website (eboarding.net) that is a pretty big website and has user base of 10,000 registered members for the community and email services. I recently found a good domain name that was open (skateboarding2.com) and registered it. Now the thing I am wondering if is it would be a good idea to change names from eboarding.net to skateboarding2.com. Should I make skateboarding2.com go to Eboarding.net or vice versa? Also would it be a good idea to maybe merge the 2 sites together? Like have it so users can choose to have a skateboarding2.com email account or eboarding.net account? Just wondering.

Thanks everyone!

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would personally keep eboarding.net, it sounds a lot better than skateboarding2.. I don't particularly care for domains with numbers in them, but in the end, its your decision. Perhaps you could turn them into two seperate sites.. eboarding could be something of a skateboarding community, and skateboarding2 perhaps a site with tips/tricks/moves and such. Either way, you could most likely combine them and increase visits to both sites.
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Travis
    SitePoint Community Guest
    K, thanks. I am thinking of having the main stuff under skateboarding2.com and having both domains available for free email addresses and having the forums merged. I have been having fun with it though, that extra 2 has brought up a lot of good slogans like,
    Skateboarding2.com
    Are you in love with skateboarding2?