SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many times you update your facebook page

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    5 27.78%
  • 2

    3 16.67%
  • 3

    4 22.22%
  • 4

    6 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation How many times in a day you update your facebook page

    We all know that if you want to be successful in social media you need to keep adding valuable contents consistently.

    So how many times in a day you update your facebook pages ?

    Please share in reply and if you want to share some good tip than you are more than welcome.

  2. #2
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I update my facebook page almost twice or thrice a day. I keep on posting events an pictures.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psingla945 View Post
    I update my facebook page almost twice or thrice a day. I keep on posting events an pictures.
    Do you fix any time for posting ... after looking details through facebook insights ... like at what time your visitors are more active

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cebu City, Philippines
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once is enough for me.

  5. #5
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,819
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You left out all the less frequent intervals for all the younger people who don't use Facebook much any more.

    I read something recently that suggested that the definition of OLD is that you are still using Facebook. Apparently all the young people have abandoned Facebook and now use other social media such as Snapchat.
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  6. #6
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    You left out all the less frequent intervals for all the younger people who don't use Facebook much any more.

    I read something recently that suggested that the definition of OLD is that you are still using Facebook. Apparently all the young people have abandoned Facebook and now use other social media such as Snapchat.
    Thanks for your update but still facebook is the largest social media platform and still gold mine for many niches such as entertainment, fashion

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit7552 View Post
    Thanks for your update but still facebook is the largest social media platform and still gold mine for many niches such as entertainment, fashion
    you right, you will have so many visitor by advs throught facebook

  8. #8
    SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Middle England
    Posts
    3,361
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's Facebook?

    I don't use it, other than to get developer infor for sites I'm working on, you need a "0" option in your poll really

  9. #9
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
    What's Facebook?

    I don't use it, other than to get developer infor for sites I'm working on, you need a "0" option in your poll really
    If you are not using facebook than this thread is not for your interest my friend ...

  10. #10
    Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,888
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit7552 View Post
    If you are not using facebook than this thread is not for your interest my friend ...
    I use Facebook a lot, but I don't update my status more than once a week normally, if that ... there are plenty of other people who don't feel the need to post several times a day!

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do 2 or 3 times a day for my personal page.
    I do 10 times for my business page.

  12. #12
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's Social media so you update it as many times as you need to be social and share your interests with your 'friends'. Any other use of any kind of Social media is fake and certainly shows through as such.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

    I usually update posts around 4 to 5 times a day with quality and informative post to our groups and tag my friends.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Enthusiast ValPaliy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nikolaev, Mykolayivs'Ka Oblast', Ukraine, Ukraine
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I update my page once I have news. More news, more updates. I'm taking about a page, not my personal account, which I update anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day, mostly sharing what other people had posted.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Any opinion stated here is MHO. | http://design.paliy.net.ua/

  15. #15
    Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    16,819
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone who is able to answer the poll is misusing Facebook as any legitimate use would not have any set number of daily posts.
    Stephen J Chapman

    javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

  16. #16
    Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,888
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garzabrothers View Post
    I usually update posts around 4 to 5 times a day with quality and informative post to our groups and tag my friends.
    Really? Wow, I'm glad I'm not your friend - if any of my friends tried to spam me like that they would be straight out the door.

  17. #17
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero.

    I post about once every few weeks!
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

    Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

  18. #18
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    I use Facebook a lot, but I don't update my status more than once a week normally, if that ... there are plenty of other people who don't feel the need to post several times a day!
    Here we are talking about facebook pages, not personal status my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by garzabrothers View Post
    Hi,

    I usually update posts around 4 to 5 times a day with quality and informative post to our groups and tag my friends.
    Be careful in tagging, lot tagging can ban you for 14 days or will ask you whom do you tag in such and such picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by seasofttraining View Post
    I do 2 or 3 times a day for my personal page.
    I do 10 times for my business page.
    Do you follow any time frame or any insight details to fix a time.

    Because posting on proper timing is also a key factor to reach to many people.

    Hows your reaching when you post link of other website or posting a photo or simple texts ? Care to reply ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ValPaliy View Post
    I update my page once I have news. More news, more updates. I'm taking about a page, not my personal account, which I update anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day, mostly sharing what other people had posted.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yes, your fans should get the latest updates, thats the mantra to reach more fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by felgall View Post
    Anyone who is able to answer the poll is misusing Facebook as any legitimate use would not have any set number of daily posts.
    Define USE ?

  19. #19
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not about how many times, If we need good result,We have to keep on updating valuable information and quality contents forever.

  20. #20
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson white View Post
    Its not about how many times, If we need good result,We have to keep on updating valuable information and quality contents forever.
    Yes and to keep the consistency you need to maintain the number of times you update on daily basis.

    You need to keep ready your posts in advance.

    Its not like whenever you wants, you updated your pages and for next few days no update. Your fans reaching will decrease.

  21. #21
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check my status 4 times per day,otherwise,i get messages on my Mobile.

  22. #22
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually update my Facebook page twice or thrice because I only post my site's new content or promotions in product and services. But I see many people very active in this social media and mostly their post are non sense or crap and just to say something to be updated.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on which category is the fanpage. But generally not more than 2 times per day.

  24. #24
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit7552 View Post

    Do you follow any time frame or any insight details to fix a time.

    Because posting on proper timing is also a key factor to reach to many people.

    Hows your reaching when you post link of other website or posting a photo or simple texts ? Care to reply ?
    No myfriend i am not following any time frame for my business page updates, Than you for your advice, "Because posting on proper timing is also a key factor to reach to many people".

  25. #25
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good posting strategy is a key factor for every succesful Facebook Page.

    The question we ask ourself every day when managing Facebook pages for clients is how often should we send messages to our fans newsfeeds through Facebook pages? Should we post them weekly? Daily? Or even more then that?


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •