User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings Fellow Websters

Name/alias: Jason

Birth Date: 70's

Job: Between Unemployed and Working at Home!

Interested In: Learning PHP, MySQL, HTML5, and much more.

Hobbies: Documentaries, Research, Learning, Movies, Music, and XBox360

Latest Project Link: I have a few domains. I would post them but not sure if that is ok. I can agree that they are never finished and always changing, Iím afraid.

More about me:
    I have been an aspiring website Creator/Developer/Designer since '03. With many headaches on the way since I taught myself way back then how to make a web page. And wow have things changed since then! I am hoping to learn what is best to learn these days without having to keep up with different versions of this or that or what is out of date.

I have purchased two books from Sitepoint many years ago.. One is HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS and the other is Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS. I have been going through them recently and I have finally found this Forum. Which is great! I am here to learn. I have what you might say, 'scattered knowledge' of bits and pieces of website creation. I have managed though throug hthe years. But, it is getting to the point that I need to expand my skills and learn much more and in the proper way. I quite certain that none of my current sites are compliant with anything. lol. I am seriously considering subscribing to the Learnable website.

Glad to be here!

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi Jason, welcome to the SP forums. I'm glad you finally found us, and hope to see you around
    Well, if there is one site in particular that you would like to share with us, please go ahead and post the link. The introduction forum is the only place where a "self promo" link to a personal website is allowed, if you make a decent intro post. And you did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guido2004 View Post
    Hi Jason, welcome to the SP forums. I'm glad you finally found us, and hope to see you around
    Well, if there is one site in particular that you would like to share with us, please go ahead and post the link. The introduction forum is the only place where a "self promo" link to a personal website is allowed, if you make a decent intro post. And you did
    Hello.. Yes I was not sure about posting links. I am not here to spam! I know all too well the dealing of spam in forums. And I must say you guys did a great job with this forum! I could only wish I could learn to make one as nice as this.

I have mostly been working with pre-made templates these days to create websites for people. I know enough to be able to edit these templates. Most of the time.
    I have made these few websites for others. startmeuprollingstonestribute.com and daxtondesign.com are a couple.

My 'hobby' site is www.unexplainedmedia.net that I tinker with here and there. It is a tube type of site using an open source tube script that mimics a youtube type of site. Unfortunately the script's video player mechanism needs to be re-worked into an html5 player. And basically I am here to learn how to implement this and to learn much more. I want to increase my limited skills!

I have worked with computers when I was a kid during the early to late 80's. I used to use a Commodore 64 with and Avatex 1200 baud modem to create 'BBS' type 'programs' for people to call up via phone numbers before the internet existed. A couple of those programs were called CNET and All American BBS if anyone might remember them. I wish I would of never decided to stop working with it back then. I finally got back into computers in early 2000. And wow a lot has changed. But it was still within my grasp of learning since I could understand much of how the internet worked and how to program a page. Since I noticed that html was very similar to BASIC. But anyway ... Here I am. I hope to learn more. Specifically PHP and MySQL and CSS.

Thank you for having me!

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Web View Post
    I have worked with computers when I was a kid during the early to late 80's. I used to use a Commodore 64 with and Avatex 1200 baud modem to create 'BBS' type 'programs' for people to call up via phone numbers before the internet existed. A couple of those programs were called CNET and All American BBS if anyone might remember them.
    Cool! You're about my age then I guess
    I had a C64 too, but never connected a modem to it.
    I hope to learn more. Specifically PHP and MySQL and CSS.
    If you checked out those forums, I'm sure you've noticed they are amongst the most alive here on the SP forums, with quite some knowledgeable members answering questions. Lots to learn!

Enjoy your stay, and I hope to see you around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I hope to learn a lot here. However, I am not sure where I should have posted my first question. I made a post here but it appears nobody can help me with it. Did I post incorrectly or improperly?

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Web View Post
    Thank you. I hope to learn a lot here. However, I am not sure where I should have posted my first question. I made a post here but it appears nobody can help me with it. Did I post incorrectly or improperly?
    Your post's in the PHP forum, which looks OK to me. (If it turn's out there's a better place, one of the moderators will move it for you, so don't worry. ) I think you just need to be patient. Everyone here is a volunteer (except HAWK) and sometimes Real Life gets in the way of Forum Life.