SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharing a summer house

Hello. Me and my brothers and sister have a summer house that we are about to share, since our father recently passed away.
    I was thinking about if there is any type of website or application or whatever, where we can fill in what weeks to use the house and if someone want to rent the house and things like that.
    I guess there are many people out there sharing a house or maybe a boat or whatever. So, probably there is already someone who thought about all the do's and don'ts and maybe build a nice working system for this.

Any ideas or if you've seen something. I'm not shure what to search for when trying Google.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You could use an online calendar like Google or something like this ajax calendar
    I spent a while looking for online booking code a couple of years ago and most of them were way to complicated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't you heared about airbnb.com?!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with rubble, use Google calendar or something similar. If it's just sharing one house and not a full online booking system for a business trying to use an online script to do it sounds like overkill.
    Read my latest traffic report here!
    http://www.easysitenetwork.com/reviv...riment-part-3/

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    airbnb is probably what we will use. I've been looking at that one. And for our personal use I'm not sure. Maybe I will take a look at Google calendar after all.