SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 28 of 28
  1. #26
    dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    spikeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    13,804
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pick the one that seems most logical to YOU and roll with it.
    If people dont get the meaning and struggle with the basic concept of restoring something to it's original place THEN look at changing it.

    I do feel that sometimes you tend to overthink things Debbie. You can't please everyone all the time and neither can you legislate for the unpredictability of your users.
    Get your site online at a basic functioning state and then revise,improve and build upon it. Until then all you have is a pet project sat on your server pleasing you.....
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

  2. #27
    SitePoint Wizard DoubleDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,761
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    That sort of comfirmation message is useful in the case of permanently deleting the message. But is it really necessary for moving messages from one folder to another? After all, that action is not destructive in any way, and can easily be reversed.
    Agreed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    On the other hand, you are definitely correct that it is something you should learn how to do. There are many other situations where a confirmation of some kind is desirable.

    Mike
    Yep, take a number and get in line for v3.0 enhancements!!


    Debbie

  3. #28
    SitePoint Wizard DoubleDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,761
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    Pick the one that seems most logical to YOU and roll with it.
    If people dont get the meaning and struggle with the basic concept of restoring something to it's original place THEN look at changing it.
    Yep, I totally agree!


    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    I do feel that sometimes you tend to overthink things Debbie.
    Yep, I totally agree!! (But at least people can't accuse me of not analyzing things...)



    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    You can't please everyone all the time and neither can you legislate for the unpredictability of your users.
    Yep.


    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    Get your site online at a basic functioning state and then revise,improve and build upon it.
    Yep yep!


    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    Until then all you have is a pet project sat on your server pleasing you.....
    I know, I know.

    Working as fast as I can!!

    Thanks for the "tough love"!!

    Sincerely,


    Debbie


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •