Thread: Oh, hello!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Bonnie Why. I am 28-years-old and am a self-taught website designer that started making websites when I was 12 to stave off a lonely summer in a new city. I live in Kansas City, MO with my two dogs and my workaholic girlfriend. I have a day job as a barista. I'd like to quit that one sometime this year. I started with Paint Shop Pro 8 and really fought [for no good reason, really] the switch to Photoshop. But now I've seen the light! Haha. I am just starting out as a freelance artist and am currently procrastinating against the daunting task of putting together my online portfolio.

I am a quintessential jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none type. I like to knit & crochet, paint, draw [especially in chalk], sing, speak Japanese, make scary masks, collage, sew, play video games [Minecraft, mostly], play in a 70's band with my dad, and more stuff that I'll probably talk about later. Haha. I love birds, all things that sting and bite, foxes, and metal - the substance. I'm obsessed with music. My top three are favorites are Buck 65, the Knife, and CocoRosie, but that in no way covers all of the music I listen to.

Oh, and I like podcasts. [Everyone should listen to 'Call Chelsea Peretti'...]

Nice to meet you! Look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to meet you Bonnie.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forums

What I great intro. Not that I know any of those bands that you mentioned. I'm just like you... jill of all trades, master of none :lo:

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hi Bonnie, and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieinpixels View Post
    I like to knit & crochet,
    Me too. I also used to do quite a bit of sewing - mainly dressmaking - but it's been a while since I last did any. Have you tried tatting? I taught myself from a book a number of years ago, and I really enjoy it for a change. It's very portable, too, so great to take with you when you're travelling.

On the other hand, I'm a dead loss at painting, drawing, etc. - but I'm married to an artist, so I know quite a bit about the theory and materials - not least how to clean almost any kind of paint off almost any kind of surface.
    Take plenty of exercise walk round and round the garden
    or

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I haven't tried tatting, but a friend of mine does it. I will eventually pick it up. I have all of the materials, really. Haha. I'm a painter and still don't know how to clean any surface, not for want of it. I really tend to ruin a lot of brushes from lack of cleaning - mostly thanks to Mod Podge. I'm trying to remedy that. <3

[PS: For the record, I love bears! Used to be my favorite animal until I found bees. Haha. <3]

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    [PS: For the record, I love bears!
    How very sensible.

Used to be my favorite animal until I found bees. Haha. <3]
    I have a soft spot for bees. I also make candles, and while I use a variety of waxes, beeswax is my favourite for the gorgeous smell.
    Take plenty of exercise walk round and round the garden
    or