SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    HTML signatures in Outlook 2010

    Just upped from MS Outlook 2003 to 2010 and am absolutely fuming! I have html signatures to use (using for about 10 years with no problems) and Outlook 2010 keeps altering them when sending. Is there anyway of getting Outlook 2010 to just leave the signatures as they are please?

  2. #2
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,118
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    See if this helps: http://www.microsoftoffice2010forums...html-signature

    You may have to create it in Word first for best results.

    Off Topic:

    Outlook in Microsoft's curse on the world, replacing IE as the bane of our existence. Rock on, M$.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

    Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

    Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

  3. #3
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ralph, but I already have the html formats. Every time I try to send one within Outlook 2010, it mucks about with the html. Is there anyway of it not messing with any of the html please?

  4. #4
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,179
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    Thanks Ralph, but I already have the html formats. Every time I try to send one within Outlook 2010, it mucks about with the html. Is there anyway of it not messing with any of the html please?
    I assume that what Ralph is suggesting is that you re-create them from start

  5. #5
    It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    ralph.m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    24,118
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    I assume that what Ralph is suggesting is that you re-create them from start
    Yes, using Word. Or post your signature here (or an example of it) and we can have a look.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

    Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

    Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

  6. #6
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    Yes, using Word. Or post your signature here (or an example of it) and we can have a look.
    Have been trying it with Word, and it's just adding 100's of bloated text!?! What I'm trying to get to, is there any for Outlook 2007 to just use the html template that I've constructed in my web editor, without all the crud?

  7. #7
    Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,606
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    Have been trying it with Word, and it's just adding 100's of bloated text!?! What I'm trying to get to, is there any for Outlook 2007 to just use the html template that I've constructed in my web editor, without all the crud?
    Start from scratch and re-create it in Word.

    Also, keep the signature simple, otherwise it *will* break. Not all mail clients will treat it equally, so by keeping it simple, it will "break" gracefully. By simple, I mean a few lines with a name, company, title, contact information, maybe a small logo, and that's about it. You can stylize the text, but I wouldn't do any fancy tables, graphics, centering, etc. That stuff doesn't degrade gracefully too well.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •