SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering if any of you have experience using such services to provide support on your website. If so, please share your knowledge and satisfaction along with any recommendations that you might have.

I have heard of only HumanClick and LiveHelper. Feel free to add any others that you know of. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that Annette and Stephanie over at http://www.hostmatters.com like it. They recommend it because they say their customers really like it. I have found it convenient when I have a question.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have HumanClick at http://www.4thandlong.net , I think it is pretty cool how you can track visitors live while they are on your site.
    Paul Goodman
    www.thestands.com- Talk Sports and surf our network of sites.
    paul@thestands.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good only if you need it. If you're a content site, it's worthless and more trouble than good, but if you're a host or help site, it's great.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I work for Livehelper and if anyone has questions about our services I would be more then happy to answer them. Recently we posted a product comparison on our web site to try to help users understand that key differences between our services and our 2 major competitors Human Click and Groopz. We have tried to make the product comparison as unbiased as possible so users could evaluate the features for them selves. You can view it online at:

http://www.livehelper.com/products2/comparision.html

Steven Bond
    http://www.livehelper.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with LiveHelper is...
    I don't mean to dis' the service and in fact, I want to try the service. I'm sure it's very good. But I tried signing up for livehelper and the form wouldn't accept my information. It was telling me that something was missing, but every field was filled in (even the optional ones). I then chatted with a Live Helper and he gave me an email address to send my complaint to. I did, still haven't heard from them.

This is simply to say, it worries me about the service, support and programming abilities of the staff. I'm sure it's a great product and again, I want to try it out.
    Thomas
    http://www.EZ2ba.com
    Making it "Easy To Be A Dot-Com"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello AV, I apologize for any problems you have had with the service. My guess would be you missed the Salutation field. This is usually the problem when a user reports the form not working. If you try it again and still can't get it to work please feel free to e-mail me the registration information without a password and I will create the account with a temporary password for you. Once the account is set up you will be able to login to the online admin and change your password. You might also try using a different browser. The form uses JavaScript to check the fields though the form should work in even non-JavaScript capable browsers.

As for not getting back to you we recently moved our servers so the number of bug reports has gone up for the moment. I am sure they will get back to you very soon.

Steven Bond
    webmaster@search4info.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    Like I said, I filled in each field, including the salutation. I tried 3 times. None worked. None the less, I will take you up on your offer and email you this information.

Just for grins, I tried it again. Nope, still not working. Did you try it and confirm that it works?
    <Edited by Arf on 12-02-2000 at 05:01 PM>
    Thomas

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a site that used Groopz...it was very cool...(and resulted in a sale...)

I was just browsing the site, and up popped this window with a message...can I help you find something...

Yesterday I was in PeopleLink, and I needed some info...I think their version is called "plink"...I liked that one too...within seconds I was chatting to a cust svc rep...and within minutes another rep was on the phone...

I want to think that their plink service is free...but that wasn't why i was there, so I don't remember...

Kat

TheWeighWeWere.com - Weight Loss Success Stories from A to Z!

oops, I did it again...re-relaunced July '07

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I got Arf's e-mail and right away new what the problem was. The original designer of Livehelper.com used frames for the sign up page so if you don't notice the scroll bar it looks like the form is complete before it really is. I had suggested changing this when I first became webmaster and will definitely bring it up again now that I have a report of it causing a problem. I got word back today that he was able to complete the form without a problem once he new to look for the scroll bar.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might I also add that Steve helped me get signed up. I hope they change those stupid frames and want to thank you Steve for helping me out.
    Thomas

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem Arf, Just glad I could help