Hello, my name is Amy and I want to become a web developer sometime in the future. Well, reasonably soon!

I was raised in the city, but because of a lot of crap hitting the wall at once (like losing my job twice), I find myself in the hills of North Carolina. My family is from here, and while I'm grateful to have a roof over my head, It's...depressing. Not a lot of options at the time.

I was attending a community college before I moved, working towards a degree in web development. That was two years ago. Now I'm doing self study, to fill the hours and keep my brain from turning to mush. And to get a job and move away from here.

I've known HTML and basic CSS for a while now, and I'm starting to learn Javascript, because the JS class I took in school was more of a "How to Use JQuery" class and I was doing things without knowing why or how it worked. Combined with a couple of other programming and graphics courses I took in school, this makes me a rank beginner, really, really rank, plus I have to start up where I left off.

I hope I can learn and connect with the people here, maybe find a mentor of some sort to keep me on the right track. I'm signed up to take a couple of courses at a CC a few towns over, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own, in case school doesn't work out and to start building my portfolio.

I hope you all can help me out! Please don't laugh at my newbie questions. I'm sure to have a few doozies. I'll search as hard as I can first, I swear!

If you made it to the end of this, thanks for taking the time to read.