SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm searching for a good (royalty-free) artwork/design package that offers web art as well as photographs. Any recommendations?

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly are you searching for ? A package of softwares ? A package of documents ?
    Your query is a bit confusing...
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops! sorry about that. I'm looking for some high-quality clipart/photograph software (like Print Shop Pro/Printmaster-type programs) that has preferably royalty-free images.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    totally free stock photos can be had at:

http://www.istockphoto.com
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PhotoLine 32 is a pretty good one, you can get it from http://www.pl32.com . However, it has no images, for that you should go to what creole said: http://www.istockphoto.com

... what's the world coming to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, not actual image-editing software..I have Photoshop for that. I meant collections of images in a package..something like istockphoto.com but on CD. I know there have got to be programs out there like this..heheh

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparkie, I know that both
    http://www.andyart.com
    and
    http://www.designsbymark.com
    sell CDs.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a ton of CD's out there, but none of 'em are free (unless you're a software pirate that is... )
    That said, just go 2 your local software store or your favorite online retailer and buy one.

I think they sell them in 250,000 increments (1/4 million, 1/2 million, 3/4 million, 1 million, etc.)

You get tons of them. Also, packages like Corel Graphics Pack and stuff like that have a bunch of included clipart. Or, if you were around in the old days when the web flamed the first guy to put up an ad ... you can use one of them good ol' arple CD's ... They're still the best!

... what's the world coming to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artwork like on the AndyArt/Scream Design site is what I'm looking for..and I dont mind paying for such a CD. Anyone know of any others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Print studio is a good one. Comes with a large clipart collection and a font collection, but no photographs.

I`m always on the look out for these royalty free collections and find the absolute best place to find them is on computer magazines!

I`m not sure where you are in the world but there is a huge culture in England (and Germany I think) to put CD-ROMS of the front of mags, I`m sure your well aware of this.

The cheaper computer mags which aim at the newbies always find the old graphics packages and clip art collections and slap them on the cover and quote some silly price that this is worth (250!!!) when you really know its selling in some little computer shop somewhere in the bargain bin for a few pounds.

The point is UK Computer mags are worth watching for collecting data. The higher end ones tend to give away higher quality too!

Maybe worth gathering some of the UK magazines URLS, checking their coverdisks once a month and ordering those collections which your getting for a few dollars using the online ordering on the site.

Just one cheap way to do it anyway
    Garry
    "Eat like a bird, poop like an elephant"
    www.FantasticArts.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm aware that the larger European computer magazines offer free/shareware in their magazine, but I have yet to find a magazine in the USA that does something similar! I truthfully don't know the names or addresses of any UK magazines, so I dont know how possible (or impossible!) it would be to browse around and see what is offered.

I do have Print Shop Pro, which has loads of graphics and photographs and fonts, but a lot of the clipart is rather silly-looking, and I was scouting around for something more professional

Thanks again for your suggestion Gary! Any others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First stop would be FuturePublishing, the biggest as far as computer magazines go. They catch all the biggest apps, full commercial apps.

Address is http://www.futurenet.com/futureonline/

From there you can get to a lot of the better magazines like

3Dworldmag
    computerarts
    PC Format
    PC Answers
    PC Plus
    the list goes on

Another way of catching more without me going to get all the urls is to use a big retailer, in the UK WHSmiths is pretty huge, i just checked and they dont seem to list all the titles they cover, i know for a fact there are half a dozen more but heres the page anyway

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/Go.asp?bic=MC

PC Format is perhaps the best of all of them for catching those clip/photo/font collections, either on their own or part of some cheaper print app that no longer sells, its always worth checking the coverdisc content out on all of them though. Amazing just what gets given away

I know you can order back issues from anywhere in the world, Future have that set up quite nicely. Its not like looking for a needle in a haystack either, many of the mags such as PCPLus, PCAnswers and PCFormat regularly covermount DTP and clip art collections. Photo collections are pretty popular too.

Hope this info helps.

Garry
    "Eat like a bird, poop like an elephant"
    www.FantasticArts.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, thanks Garry!! I appreciate you digging up all those URLs for me. I'll be busy checking them out for awhile now

A happily browsing Sparkie