Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website review for personal website builder

Hello,

I developed a service which allows to create a personal website similar as does about.me but the pro features are free including custom domain mapping:
    http://ailo.la/login
    User: kiteboarder
    PW: Test1234

I plan to add more information about it when you are not logged in for a future version. The design right now is also simplistic.

I am looking for feedback if the site is useful, if there are any critical show stoppers when you use the service or any usability issues. Is it easy to understand how the bonus system works and what benefit you'll get?

I appreciate any feedback to improve the usability including new features which you feel are missing.

Thank you so much!

Philip
    Last edited by Mittineague; Dec 29, 2013 at 00:38. Reason: adding test account login details

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    seems to work fine for me. I don't really use this type of thing so don't fully understand its purpose so i am probably wrong in thinking that i want more than just the one screen with a tiny bit about me. I felt there should be extra buttons to link to more pages like a bio for myself. But then that is possibly not the purpose of this.

I'm assuming if this is a business card then people would want to contact the person. Whilst you have social links i wonder if there should be a 'contact me' form so people can email me (without my email address being visible).

Your domain name is also possibly a bit hard to tell someone about. don't know if there is a the option to look at others. Just thinking if i am on the phone and say 'all my details are on www.about.me/someone' it is far easier for the person to understand than 'all my details are on www.ailo.la/someone' as i would almost certainly have to spell out the address. Unless this means something in a different language.

On the homepage/signup you should look at changing 'what i get?' to 'what do i get?' as it's better grammar. Also the U in username is uppercase and the other bits like password aren't. (my boss hounds me for this everytime i do it so i tend to notice it now )

hth
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Noppy,

Many thanks for your review which I highly appreciate.

It is possible to add a contact form which is disabled by default: Settings > Contact

Kind regards,

Philip