SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email form on a WordPress page

I have an email form on this WP page. I decided not to display my intended email address of dan#danscartoons.com to minimize potential spam, once I make the site go "live". I feel if I allowed it within too many of the site's inner pages (there will be 71 pages, 4,063 post pages and 5,194 tagged images that open on separate slug pages - this will be a graphics heavy site, so about 9,300 pages total), the spambots would have a field day with the site.
    My question is since the form is just one page on a big site, is still listing the actual hyperlink email address advisable? I.e. how would you do it....leave as is?

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unless you have a good email filter in place or want to deal with lots of SPAM, I would advise against having the email address anywhere, unless as a business you're legally obligated to have it available. As long as the form is safe against being abused (eg. used to send SPAM from your site - search for "email header injection"), I would go with that. You'll still get some SPAM but it should for the most part be manageable.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mittineague....i don't think I'll include the email address then.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To solve this problem you can instal a plugin named Contact Form 7 from wp plugin directory

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this information nuxcorner...although my current form is configured using a plugin called JetPack which as you may be aware, provides multiple applications and works quite well. I do appreciate the suggestion though!