Thread: Website Review

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Review

Hello, I created this website: http://goo.gl/YbWpQO
    I am still working on some points, but I would like to hear your opinion.

Thank you very much

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'll say the same thing I usually do: include an introduction on your home page (or just below the logo on all pages—something like a tag line at least) to say what this site is for. I usually want to see some kind of fuller intro on the home page—like who you are, what your focus is, why this site exists etc. Just throwing a bunch of random products at people with no explanation, and with no assurances about who you are and how trustworthy you are, is a guarantee that I won't buy anything or hang around.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely agree, you need to have some introduction on your website. I would also replace the logo, it looks like something childishly. Perhaps because of this, but the site looks a little suspicious. I would not spend it all there

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The general look of the site is good, but there are a few issues that I think that you could improve - the font used in the top navigation is pixelated (is it an embedded google font as this is a common problem), the logo at the top of the site is rasterised (this is probably due to using a low quality jpeg, consider a high quality image that is made from a vector image). Other than that, your site is clear an looks good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your constructive comments. This is still a work in process, so I'll make sure to incorporate these feedbacks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason if I see an affliate link or adwords on a site, it reduces the trust of the site for me. If you are working on a legit business, you should not depend on such small opportunities to make money.

SitePoint Evangelist silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    • On the home page it's rather difficult to click on the links About Us, Submit Stuff and Contact in the footer. Before you know, AJAX has filled the page with more an more items, and you have to scroll down some times to get the footer in view again. And before you know, ... etc. - A fixed footer could be helpful.
    • The 3rd item in the menu is "Home", but it's not the usual link to the Home page. - I should give it a name as "Home stuff", and put it just before the "Outdoors" item to make it clearer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I just visited your link above but couldn't find any information. It redirects to http://www.spendingitall.com

Philip

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's quite impossible to do a site review for a "coming soon" page.
    @kellogss ; if you're there, please pick up.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It has already been stated that the link currently goes to a "coming soon" page - we don't need any more posts stating the same fact.

Unless the OP returns soon, this thread will be closed.