SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Graphic requests website

Hello everyone! Recently I started a new webiste called "GFX Request": http://gfxreq.com. As the name says, we take requests for all kind of images, from banners, avatars to facebook pictures. People send us a picture and we do our best to edit it so it would look professional and good at the same time.
    I'd like to get some feedback on how the website design looks and if it's content is good enough.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Dec 5, 2013 at 15:24.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

1) Navigation Links - Add hover events to the links (So that if I were on the about page and I place my mouse on the requests page, the arrow below the about page shifts to requests).
    2) Navigation Links - As the user scrolls down, use jquery to change the class of the link respective to the page the user is in - to active class (so that the arrow is under the respective page's navigation link).
    3) About Page - The write up is long. No one is going to read all that. (I had to for the sake of review). Make it shorter and relevant. (Welcome to GFX Request! We are a talented team of two that will transform your requests into reality. Requests can be sent to our email (requests@gfxreq.com) or our Facebook page. If you feel our creation is worthy of a donation, you can do so following the donate link on our website.)
    4) About Page - Two Designers? Who? Add images of the two designers and their names. Makes the site more credible...
    5) About Page - On the main banner, Hire Us should be a clickable link that sends the visitor to the requests page.
    6) Work Page/Load time - Takes tooooo long to load the site (understandable because you are dealing with a portfolio. Try a different layout of showing this portfolio - refer to attached. If you create thumbnails, it will improve the speed of the site.)
    Untitled.jpg
    7) The advertisement - It looks out of place. Try utilizing the empty space of the left (below the logo) for ads.
    8) Contact Page - Style up the contact form and send/reset buttons

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, your website is simple. I think you should place 'navigation button at Work' where the images launching. Furthermore, Its will be more attractive with image gallery.

Just my opinion.
    Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the left side of your website too open

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeA View Post
    Hello!

1) Navigation Links - Add hover events to the links (So that if I were on the about page and I place my mouse on the requests page, the arrow below the about page shifts to requests).
    2) Navigation Links - As the user scrolls down, use jquery to change the class of the link respective to the page the user is in - to active class (so that the arrow is under the respective page's navigation link).
    3) About Page - The write up is long. No one is going to read all that. (I had to for the sake of review). Make it shorter and relevant. (Welcome to GFX Request! We are a talented team of two that will transform your requests into reality. Requests can be sent to our email (requests@gfxreq.com) or our Facebook page. If you feel our creation is worthy of a donation, you can do so following the donate link on our website.)
    4) About Page - Two Designers? Who? Add images of the two designers and their names. Makes the site more credible...
    5) About Page - On the main banner, Hire Us should be a clickable link that sends the visitor to the requests page.
    6) Work Page/Load time - Takes tooooo long to load the site (understandable because you are dealing with a portfolio. Try a different layout of showing this portfolio - refer to attached. If you create thumbnails, it will improve the speed of the site.)
    Untitled.jpg
    7) The advertisement - It looks out of place. Try utilizing the empty space of the left (below the logo) for ads.
    8) Contact Page - Style up the contact form and send/reset buttons

Regards
    I have updated almost everthing you told me!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrick67 View Post
    I think the left side of your website too open
    Well first off, I think thesame about the left side, I like how the logo pops out on this part, but should better move half of the open space to the other side. (like the laminate though.)
    Second, There is a picture halfway through the page that is half on the main wrapper and half on the open space.
    Thirdly, Hire us is not clickable. which I expect it to be.
    Fourthly, Facebook text is suddenly another language
    5, You give your e-mail adress all over the site, but not in the contact section?
    6. Artwork should be made clear to click on instead of putting a big picture that says to click it.
    7. There is also a lot of white space between the sections.
    8. Why not make the artwork section expandable? and have it in the upper menu
    9. Also when you hold the mouse on the menu buttons they change purple, only the work button does not do this completely

Hope this helps a bit

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImermanHero View Post
    Well first off, I think thesame about the left side, I like how the logo pops out on this part, but should better move half of the open space to the other side. (like the laminate though.)
    Second, There is a picture halfway through the page that is half on the main wrapper and half on the open space.
    Thirdly, Hire us is not clickable. which I expect it to be.
    Fourthly, Facebook text is suddenly another language
    5, You give your e-mail adress all over the site, but not in the contact section?
    6. Artwork should be made clear to click on instead of putting a big picture that says to click it.
    7. There is also a lot of white space between the sections.
    8. Why not make the artwork section expandable? and have it in the upper menu
    9. Also when you hold the mouse on the menu buttons they change purple, only the work button does not do this completely

Hope this helps a bit
    I dont see the point of the 5 and 9. First of all, at 5. Why should I put the email there when the contact form already sends the email to my address? Second of all, the work button fills completely.
    Also, how do you think I should make the artwork link more clear?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you add 1px translateZ (css 3D transform) to div#navbarHolder then modern browsers will not repaint whole top bar and neighbor are on scroll (it will push bar on separate render layer) also i recommend adding pointer-events: none to the whole document when you scrolling (add on scroll start and remove on scroll end after 0.5sec ) It will improve scrolling performance, especially on mobile devices.
    On design. First of all, work on alignment and optimizing white space. Also it might be wise to first reduce amount of "decoration" and then progressively add it when it's actually needed - it seems too random and disarranged.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

The first thing that caught my eye - these banners, which are located on the left side of your website seems out of place.
    On the main page in my opinion you've too much empty space and I think you're using too much different fonts.
    I like how the top menu looks like and the colors you're using are nice looking and eye pleasing.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    so when it first loaded for me it had jumped to the second bit with the hummingbird and the quote so i started reading and then it jumped to the top. Not sure why but possibly due to load times.
    You have some pretty big images loading. One of them is 2mb! It is hard as you will want to be showing decent images as that is what the website is about but i think you have to also balance that with load time and reduce some of the image sizes as they will kill load time. Google search now takes into account load time of pages so you will be ranked lower for higher load times.

I found the text a bit big for my liking. I'm on a 22inch monitor so it was difficult to read being that big. But then that is the style you are going for i guess.

I wanted to click on the services eg web design but they aren't clickable. Think it would be good to have pages about the services so i can find out more with example of previous work etc.

'We have a unique
    blend of talent that allows
    us to offer such a diverse
    range of services. '

Not sure but to me 'such' doesn't seem to fit correctly into that sentence. It either needs to be removed or something added to complete the sentence like -

'We have a unique
    range of services, that we
    are sure to be able to help
    you with all your digital needs.'

but prob more catchy and concise than that

overall though i like it.
    hth
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noppy View Post
    Hi,
    so when it first loaded for me it had jumped to the second bit with the hummingbird and the quote so i started reading and then it jumped to the top. Not sure why but possibly due to load times.
    You have some pretty big images loading. One of them is 2mb! It is hard as you will want to be showing decent images as that is what the website is about but i think you have to also balance that with load time and reduce some of the image sizes as they will kill load time. Google search now takes into account load time of pages so you will be ranked lower for higher load times.

I found the text a bit big for my liking. I'm on a 22inch monitor so it was difficult to read being that big. But then that is the style you are going for i guess.

I wanted to click on the services eg web design but they aren't clickable. Think it would be good to have pages about the services so i can find out more with example of previous work etc.

'We have a unique
    range of services. '

Not sure but to me 'such' doesn't seem to fit correctly into that sentence. It either needs to be removed or something added to complete the sentence like -

'We have a unique
    range of services, that we
    are sure to be able to help
    you with all your digital needs.'

but prob more catchy and concise than that

overall though i like it.
    hth
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll use your sentence instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent seen a single good representation of "Amazing photo editing". If anything the picture that illustrates this statement (with that half naked guy) is of extremely poor quality and lacking focus. I mean, the site has too many bold statements but not many works to back em up.

Other than that you use a lot of space to bring very few things to the table. As much as i like one-page websites yours could be cut to half. Take a look at your fonts and leadings, they are off as well.

Best of luck.
    Open for UX career opportunities in London Portfolio