SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PHP] First OOP attempt

Here is a PHP application I wrote a couple of years ago for my wife to keep track of the therapeutic lessons she teaches. It is my best attempt at OOP and I'd appreciate your review.

Regards,

grNadpa
    Attached Files Attached Files

Always A Novice bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at your auto loader class, I'm not able to launch your project due to an include error.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Wolfe View Post
    Have a look at your auto loader class, I'm not able to launch your project due to an include error.
    I don't recall doing anything special. In fact, I tried to avoid doing anything but vanilla php. The only changes from the production version is removing names, passwords, urls and the like. I assume the error occurs on invoking index.php. Does the include error have any further detail?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meant to replace my earlier reply (didn't finish before the 30-minute window expired)

First of all, thank you for your feedback and interest.

However, I did not intend my attachment to be an executable. I was concerned about a malicious attack on my production site and contacted Mittineague with that concern. Here is an excerpt from his reply

The forum is not meant for threads with links to working example sites, but those with either a link to a public repository (eg. github), files included as attachments, or in the post inside bbcode tags.

If I'm understanding you correctly, and there is a lot of code, I would make copies of all of the code folders/files, check to change, remove, or star out anything sensitive, zip them, and post as an attachment(s). And I would also attach the database schema - with the exact details changed if need be - and the license as txt files.
    To mitigate the resulting confusion, I created the readme.txt file to provide a high level spec on how the php classes interact.

As far as the autoload, please see http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.autoload.php