SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need someone to review my new website

Hello guys I started a new website about 5 days ago its for a server from the game called Minecraft but it also welcomes normal people too, it also has social features like chat rooms and avatar chat.
    So come on in and review my website and be as brutal as possible with your review I don't mind, I need honest answers, the reason i want it reviewed is because its not getting much traffic its only got about 100 hits.
    So please tell me what need to change and what is good or bad thank you.

URL: http://survivalislandrpg.com/blog/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Some suggestions for improvement:

- the height of the header seems excessive. It takes almost half of my screen, and I am on a desktop with a large screen. Furthermore, the quality of the background image is really poor. I would try and reduce the dimension of the header so as to improve both the user experience (no need to scroll down just to read the first lines) and the quality of the image.
    - the welcome message is really long. I would try to summarize it in few words and possibly add a 'Read more about this website' button for those who are interested in more details.
    - to make the website look more professional you should add a page on Terms of use and privacy policy
    - when you go to inner pages, the user experience is not consistent: the header, the design and the main colors change. Why don't you keep the same design across the entire website?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the input I appreciate your honesty Im still learning, took me about 2 hours just to figure out how to add tabs to the page lol

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first impression I got when I saw the site... "1998 design, close tab, close tab, close tab!". Reviewing the font you use could help change that initial perception. The slider's navigation Icons look like you forced 1*1 to 15*15. Instead of stuffing the email us section on the main page, why don't you create another link next to about us up top and make the site look more credible. I look at a one/two page website, I assume its still under construction and close it. The users online widget should be centered in the div that it is in. These little details magnify newbie-ness
    However, the way the pages load when you click on them is pretty nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeA View Post
    The first impression I got when I saw the site... "1998 design, close tab, close tab, close tab!". Reviewing the font you use could help change that initial perception. The slider's navigation Icons look like you forced 1*1 to 15*15. Instead of stuffing the email us section on the main page, why don't you create another link next to about us up top and make the site look more credible. I look at a one/two page website, I assume its still under construction and close it. The users online widget should be centered in the div that it is in. These little details magnify newbie-ness
    However, the way the pages load when you click on them is pretty nice

yeah about that I just changed the theme so I have to recreate everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone look at it now tell me if its any better thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look at your site, and i think that website have many pixels, right. Those make me difficult to see activities on your web. I think you could change that to normal featured background, i think it will not be more boring like this.
    Just my opinion.
    Good Luck!