SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Configuring PHP & MySQL PLease help!!

I know this is simple. That's why I don't know how to do it.

I installed PHPDev from http:\\www.firepages.com.au on my Windows XP box at home. It is PHP version 4.2.3 and includes an Apache server and MySQL. PHP is working. PHPMyAdmin version 2.3.2
    says "The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here. " Clicking "here" brings up the text below.

I am instructed to run a query. I don't know, however, against what it should be run. There are no tables in the database, myphpadmin, that I am to create. The distribution includes a user table and a couple of test tables. I'll be glad to send or post the ini files, screenshots, or whatever. I've tried changing the values in the config file to what I think the program wants but I'm having no luck and getting a very bad headache.

Thank you very, very much
    Ephraim

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] string
    Starting with version 2.3.0 phpMyAdmin offers a lot of features to work with master / foreign - tables. To use those as well as the bookmark feature you will need to create a new db.

To use this functionality as superuser create a new database:
    create a new database for phpmyadmin:
    CREATE DATABASE phpmyadmin;
    Note that "controluser" must have SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE privileges on this database. Here is a query to set up those privileges (using "phpmyadmin" as the database name, and "pma" as the controluser):
    GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON phpmyadmin.* to 'pma'@'localhost';
    do not give any other user rights on this database.
    enter the databasename in $cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] "

Mlle. Ledoyen silver trophy seanf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just ignore that, unless you want to use the more advanced features of the program

Sean
    Harry Potter

-- You lived inside my world so softly
    -- Protected only by the kindness of your nature