SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Website Launch - Need some opinions on the site

    Hi Guys

    I've recently launch my new business website. I don't want to say to much about the company as i would like to see if you can understand what it is we do and how we could help your company.

    I would love feed back on:

    First impressions, does the site give you clear message on what we do and what services we offer

    Is it easy to navigate around the site

    *Do you understand the 'Who we help' section?

    Is the 'Our Services' section clear?

    Thanks in advanced.

    Please be honest and i won't take offence to any bad criticisms.

    We're a UK based company.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hiding from the world
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first bit of feedback .... put links to your site so we can seee it
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry : )

    ebcgroup
    Last edited by spikeZ; Oct 14, 2013 at 06:35. Reason: link approved :)

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be missing the rules. I thought i could post after 3 decent reviews? Cant add my URL

    If you google the website its ebc group

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch your website, it is looking good and easy to navigate. "Who we help" selection and "Our Services" is very clear. Nice website in my view.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lasersec View Post
    I watch your website, it is looking good and easy to navigate. "Who we help" selection and "Our Services" is very clear. Nice website in my view.
    Thank you for your comments, very much appreciated.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hiding from the world
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

    yeah i think it looks a nice professional website. You've got a few errors you could prob easily sort http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

    it does look very microsoft though http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.aspx which i guess is what you are trying to achieve but i'd try and add something to define your site a bit more.

    Also i'd consider moving the second paragraph of the intro to the first 'Did you know that many companies do a better job of managing and securing their office stationary than they do their business-critical documents!' as i think that is a good opener. It makes me think actually you have a point i will read on.

    Hope thats useful
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noppy View Post
    Hi,

    yeah i think it looks a nice professional website. You've got a few errors you could prob easily sort http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

    it does look very microsoft though http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.aspx which i guess is what you are trying to achieve but i'd try and add something to define your site a bit more.

    Also i'd consider moving the second paragraph of the intro to the first 'Did you know that many companies do a better job of managing and securing their office stationary than they do their business-critical documents!' as i think that is a good opener. It makes me think actually you have a point i will read on.

    Hope thats useful
    Very useful thank you.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, the site looks professional and concise. I think it's a bit unclear exactly what services you provide, so I would assume that you get most of your clients through other means? For example, I see that you provide help to businesses regarding broadband, printing, document storage, etc. But as a business, which of these things do you think I need? For example, I can't say that I believe that I need any of them, but in reality it's possible that I do and you just need to convince me of that.

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
    I agree, the site looks professional and concise. I think it's a bit unclear exactly what services you provide, so I would assume that you get most of your clients through other means? For example, I see that you provide help to businesses regarding broadband, printing, document storage, etc. But as a business, which of these things do you think I need? For example, I can't say that I believe that I need any of them, but in reality it's possible that I do and you just need to convince me of that.
    Thanks for your comments. I agree we haven't told visitors why they need our services. I will re-evaluate the message on the pages

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design a lot. It's easy to navigate. I can tell you put time into the UI. For some reason it reminds me of Microsoft, maybe it's the colors?

  12. #12
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

    - First impressions : good color, good layout

    - Is it easy to navigate around the site : Yes

    - Do you understand the 'Who we help' section? - yes. But I would recommend adding more description on each. Example: For legal you only have 'Save money and protect your legal environment'. It would be helpful id there is more detailed description.

    - Is the 'Our Services' section clear? yes

    Also, it would be beneficial also if you can add FAQ or Blog section for SEO purposes.
    (Consider fixing ' We are currently look for; IT Sales 3rd Line E...' )

    Cheers!

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeder View Post
    I like the design a lot. It's easy to navigate. I can tell you put time into the UI. For some reason it reminds me of Microsoft, maybe it's the colors?
    Thanks for your comment.

    Well before my time at the company we had the logo redesigned. So i keep all branding in line with that. I have had a few people say it reminds them on Microsoft.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgesN View Post
    Hi,

    - First impressions : good color, good layout

    - Is it easy to navigate around the site : Yes

    - Do you understand the 'Who we help' section? - yes. But I would recommend adding more description on each. Example: For legal you only have 'Save money and protect your legal environment'. It would be helpful id there is more detailed description.

    - Is the 'Our Services' section clear? yes

    Also, it would be beneficial also if you can add FAQ or Blog section for SEO purposes.
    (Consider fixing ' We are currently look for; IT Sales 3rd Line E...' )

    Cheers!
    Thank you for your feedback.

    Plus thank you for noticing the post error.

  15. #15
    SitePoint Evangelist silver trophybronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ebcgroup,
    I would love feed back on:
    • First impressions, does the site give you clear message on what we do and what services we offer?
    • Is it easy to navigate around the site?
    No, not for me (as far as it concerns the homepage):
    • I have to guess what the 8 main images should be. I see very general images, but don't know what they mean.
    • Yes, I can hover the images to solve the miracles, but as potential customer I like to see directly, at first glance, what the content of the services is. No time to solve puzzles, to search for navigation, to scroll and to read the texts. I'm in a hurry!
    • When hovering an item, I see what it means, but I don't see a click possibility. So I think that it is just information/illustration, and that I have to search for the menu to know more about the topics.
    • The disappearing images at hover diminish the visual recognition of the items.
    • Ah! If I investigate the images a bit closer (not everybody will do that), I see that for sure there are links: but only the text part of the image is clickable. Never expected!

    Therefore I should recommend:
    • Give the images their text directly.
    • Playing with the css properties can give dimension to the hover state of the text
    • The images can be adapted for a slightly different hover image.
    • With a style a {display: block;} the whole area of the text is immediately hoverable and clickable.

    Besides, the 8 images absorb 8 HTTP-requests. With a css-sprite you can combine all 8 images and their 8 hover states in 1 image. That is only 1 HTTP-request, and less overhead in the image file. Contribution to a faster page!


    O, the contrast ratio text/background of the top menu is: 2,7:1. For accessibility (and user friendliness) It should be at least 5:1, and better: at least 7:1 for the small font-size. (free Contrast Analyser)

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • First impressions, does the site give you clear message on what we do and what services we offer?
    ?

    Yes, first impression isn't good though because it takes lot of time to load as compare to other sites, first colored boxes came up and then text. I don't know but something wrong with it. After loading your website subject is cleared nicely.

    • Is it easy to navigate around the site
    Yes, your website got good navigation system/layout.

    •*Do you understand the 'Who we help' section?
    YEs, but I also love the navigation inside who we help, really innovative.

    • Is the 'Our Services' section clear?
    Yup, everything is perfect but the text on homepage at the bottom of site is too big, don't you think so?


    Good luck

  17. #17
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francky View Post
    Hi ebcgroup,

    No, not for me (as far as it concerns the homepage):
    • I have to guess what the 8 main images should be. I see very general images, but don't know what they mean.
    • Yes, I can hover the images to solve the miracles, but as potential customer I like to see directly, at first glance, what the content of the services is. No time to solve puzzles, to search for navigation, to scroll and to read the texts. I'm in a hurry!
    • When hovering an item, I see what it means, but I don't see a click possibility. So I think that it is just information/illustration, and that I have to search for the menu to know more about the topics.
    • The disappearing images at hover diminish the visual recognition of the items.
    • Ah! If I investigate the images a bit closer (not everybody will do that), I see that for sure there are links: but only the text part of the image is clickable. Never expected!

    Therefore I should recommend:
    • Give the images their text directly.
    • Playing with the css properties can give dimension to the hover state of the text
    • The images can be adapted for a slightly different hover image.
    • With a style a {display: block;} the whole area of the text is immediately hoverable and clickable.

    Besides, the 8 images absorb 8 HTTP-requests. With a css-sprite you can combine all 8 images and their 8 hover states in 1 image. That is only 1 HTTP-request, and less overhead in the image file. Contribution to a faster page!


    O, the contrast ratio text/background of the top menu is: 2,7:1. For accessibility (and user friendliness) It should be at least 5:1, and better: at least 7:1 for the small font-size. (free Contrast Analyser)
    Thank you for your detailed response.

    I've had a lot of negative feedback on the home page and with yours i have decided to change it. I think its far to confusing for a new visitor to use.

    I totally agree with the image issue. Usually it is one and then positioned in css. Will look to adopt this on the new home page.

  18. #18
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • First impressions, does the site give you clear message on what we do and what services we offer
    I got a distinctly modern feel from the site, what with its clean and flat design. I found that the front page was pretty well laid out, though moving my mouse across a box multiple times could leave it flashing for a while. I got a pretty clear message that this was the sort of bussiness that was there to help you manage your bussiness' technology and suchlike, so if that was what you were going for, kudos.



    • Is it easy to navigate around the site
    I'd say so. I found myself drawn more towards using the boxes laid out on the page, rather than the top menu, to navigate around, but the top menu is still rather well made, so as to be out of the way, but still there when you need it.



    •*Do you understand the 'Who we help' section?
    In a word, yes. The infographic style of the pages was easy to follow and understand. My one complaint was that I found it a bit odd that the boxes for the "Who we help" was fully hyperlinked (the whole box was clickable), whilst only the text in the boxes of the main page was hyperlinked. Nothing major, just something that I noticed.



    • Is the 'Our Services' section clear?
    Pretty much. However, I found myself hovering over the icons rather than the actual text, so the fact that they weren't hyperlinked was a bit odd for me.


    All in all, it's a nicely-made website. The typographical choices and the frequent integration of vector images made the site feel clean and polished. One thing that I found appealing, despite it being a fairly small thing, was the fact that the text had a white text-background to it, despite the mostly-white background. I found that highlighting text was far more appealing that it likely should have been.

  19. #19
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebDeveloperSahil View Post
    • First impressions, does the site give you clear message on what we do and what services we offer?
    ?

    Yes, first impression isn't good though because it takes lot of time to load as compare to other sites, first colored boxes came up and then text. I don't know but something wrong with it. After loading your website subject is cleared nicely.

    • Is it easy to navigate around the site
    Yes, your website got good navigation system/layout.

    •*Do you understand the 'Who we help' section?
    YEs, but I also love the navigation inside who we help, really innovative.

    • Is the 'Our Services' section clear?
    Yup, everything is perfect but the text on homepage at the bottom of site is too big, don't you think so?


    Good luck
    Thanks for your comments, they were very helpful.

    What bit at the bottom our your referring to? The footer?

  20. #20
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by arandompenguin View Post
    First impressions, does the site give you clear message on what we do and what services we offer
    I got a distinctly modern feel from the site, what with its clean and flat design. I found that the front page was pretty well laid out, though moving my mouse across a box multiple times could leave it flashing for a while. I got a pretty clear message that this was the sort of bussiness that was there to help you manage your bussiness' technology and suchlike, so if that was what you were going for, kudos.



    Is it easy to navigate around the site
    I'd say so. I found myself drawn more towards using the boxes laid out on the page, rather than the top menu, to navigate around, but the top menu is still rather well made, so as to be out of the way, but still there when you need it.



    *Do you understand the 'Who we help' section?
    In a word, yes. The infographic style of the pages was easy to follow and understand. My one complaint was that I found it a bit odd that the boxes for the "Who we help" was fully hyperlinked (the whole box was clickable), whilst only the text in the boxes of the main page was hyperlinked. Nothing major, just something that I noticed.



    Is the 'Our Services' section clear?
    Pretty much. However, I found myself hovering over the icons rather than the actual text, so the fact that they weren't hyperlinked was a bit odd for me.


    All in all, it's a nicely-made website. The typographical choices and the frequent integration of vector images made the site feel clean and polished. One thing that I found appealing, despite it being a fairly small thing, was the fact that the text had a white text-background to it, despite the mostly-white background. I found that highlighting text was far more appealing that it likely should have been.
    Thank you for your comments.

    I've thought about the icons on the services page not linking but never sorted out getting them linked. After your comments i will.

    Thanks

  21. #21
    SitePoint Enthusiast ISScyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site, maybe what is not going with your sit are buttons.

    Try something different - maybe "disabled" buttons?

  22. #22
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    GHaziabad India
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where is the link.
    <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Nov 6, 2013 at 05:43. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

  23. #23
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    TechnoBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    6,423
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by altus soft View Post
    where is the link.
    <snip>
    It's in post #3

  24. #24
    SitePoint Zealot allanlud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Meath, Ireland
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's very visually appealing. Great icons and colours, the only thing I can mention is that it seems to be a flat design and there are a few buttons (all the same style throughout the site) that don't quite fit in. An example of these buttons is here - http://www.ebcgroup.co.uk/private-cloud-award the blue buttons at the bottom, the green button at the top is quite nice.

    Great site overall!

  25. #25
    SitePoint Enthusiast gregdbowen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice - I feel like the font is maybe a tad small - especially if you are going to be targeting the 45+ demographic.

    The icons on the bottom could use a hover state, explaining what they stand for (maybe even getting slightly bigger)- they read well, but it might help some people. Also, I am not a big fan of thin line work in icons. I feel that if these were just white forms on solid colors, they might have more graphic impact.

    The spacing of the award by the logo - For some reason this doesn't look balanced to me - Not sure what it is - I am sure you probably tried centering it in the space between the logo and menu.

    Great colors. Social icons are also very nice.

    You asked for details - and these are some thoughts, but overall, this is a very nice design that communicates well!

    Greg Bowen | Founder / Lead Dev
    Fluidlab
    PUBLISHING TOOLS FOR WORDPRESS
    http://FluidlabPro.com @FluidlbPro


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •