SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Integrated Development Environments (IDE) is commonly used by programmer?

There are lots of free tool which are used for producing software code like Visual Studio Express, Eclipse, Netbeans, kate etc. These development environments are free of charge. Beside this, there are other tools which are used by various programmers. Each & every tools have pros as well as some cons.
    My main concern is to find out, which integrated development environment (IDE) is commonly used by various minded programmers like you? Please share your thoughts of mind

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What languages are you looking to develop with? That tends to play a big part as to what development tool(s) you end up using.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked on C++, JAVA and .net programming language. But well expertise in .net, already development many application. Want to enhance knowledge on C++. so i am looking IDE for C++

Thanks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, it's Eclipse. Honestly, there are many IDE's but I don't want to re-learn all the shortcuts. Also Eclipse has so many gawd damn plugins for just about anything. Not saying Eclipse is #1 IDE for everyone but it's a strong candidate. Yes, they support whatever language you want to program in (inc. C++)