SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast zakelijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    A dutch website just for kids

    Hi all,

    I would like your opinion about a website i made for kids. It's basically a entertainment website.
    What would you think i could improve or i should change? BTW i know the issue with some permalinks... i'm working on it

    Website: Kleurplaten

    Greetings,

  2. #2
    SitePoint Evangelist silver trophybronze trophy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi zakelijk, the rotation at hovering a topic in the left column is clear and well done.
    Here we go with some notes about the homepage:
    • In general: even for children the page is very colorful and crowded, it's hard to make a choice I guess. Some space between the topics can help.
    • If I don't make a mistake, all links to the coloring plates are double: once in the image column, and once in the big text-link lists at the bottom. The last ones can be missed, I think.
    • The Ad's are rather dominant (too dominant, I should say), but not mostly not for kids: "Find singles of your age! 20-29 / 30-39 / 40-49 / 50+", "Catering Equipment (-75%)", "Accounting service", "Become entrepreneur" (all in Dutch), and so.
    • Or in the left column: "Kleurplaat categorien: 9 beleggingsfouten die u in 2013 moet voorkomen ... etc. "
    • The Ad's just under the slider seem to be parts of the site (menu or something).
    • A border around the Ad's and a header "Advertenties" can help.
    • The "Welkom" part is below the fold on a 1280*1024px screen > should be moved into the sight at first glance, I think.
    • The "Welkom" text can get a {font-size: bold;} for better readability.
    • Oops, 1038 Errors, 1114 warnings the html-validator says.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast zakelijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francky View Post
    Hi zakelijk, the rotation at hovering a topic in the left column is clear and well done.
    Here we go with some notes about the homepage:
    • In general: even for children the page is very colorful and crowded, it's hard to make a choice I guess. Some space between the topics can help.
    • If I don't make a mistake, all links to the coloring plates are double: once in the image column, and once in the big text-link lists at the bottom. The last ones can be missed, I think.
    • The Ad's are rather dominant (too dominant, I should say), but not mostly not for kids: "Find singles of your age! 20-29 / 30-39 / 40-49 / 50+", "Catering Equipment (-75%)", "Accounting service", "Become entrepreneur" (all in Dutch), and so.
    • Or in the left column: "Kleurplaat categorien: 9 beleggingsfouten die u in 2013 moet voorkomen ... etc. "
    • The Ad's just under the slider seem to be parts of the site (menu or something).
    • A border around the Ad's and a header "Advertenties" can help.
    • The "Welkom" part is below the fold on a 1280*1024px screen > should be moved into the sight at first glance, I think.
    • The "Welkom" text can get a {font-size: bold;} for better readability.
    • Oops, 1038 Errors, 1114 warnings the html-validator says.
    Awesome feedback

    - I did the double links just because of the SEO.. inner-linkingstructure, images got a different alt.
    - I should really do something about the ads....i will check at Adsense if they can block ads.. i only need the game ads etc...
    - I think i will put the Welcome tekst higher thnx for the advice.
    - Yes, i know about the errors there are now..... 401 left But i'm working on it

    Thnx for the advice

  4. #4
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey zakelijk,
    Your website looks pretty messy right now.
    You need to re-arrange all the things properly.
    You should not put ads between your website content, it looks very messy and confusing because of that.
    It is very hard to identify which is your website content and which part is advertisement.

    Re-arranging the advertisements and put it at the empty spaces in the left and right side.

    The like button that you created to get attention to the like button of facebook is very disturbing.
    It comes more often between your website content.
    It completes its purpose of catching attention, but it is a bit annoying for me.

    Also add favicon to your website, it will look better.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast zakelijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yapsody View Post
    Hey zakelijk,
    Your website looks pretty messy right now.
    You need to re-arrange all the things properly.
    You should not put ads between your website content, it looks very messy and confusing because of that.
    It is very hard to identify which is your website content and which part is advertisement.

    Re-arranging the advertisements and put it at the empty spaces in the left and right side.

    The like button that you created to get attention to the like button of facebook is very disturbing.
    It comes more often between your website content.
    It completes its purpose of catching attention, but it is a bit annoying for me.

    Also add favicon to your website, it will look better.
    Thanks for your support I know it looks a bit messy because that's my strategy.... The website is supposed for kids... the main reason for this website is to generate cost with ads... kids click very fast on itemns, thats the reason why i mixed the ads with the content.

    You're right about the Facebook button.. i should fix it so it stays in the corner of the screen even when you make your windows smaller

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking Man. Nice work and you need to doing SEO on it.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Enthusiast zakelijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sports74 View Post
    Good looking Man. Nice work and you need to doing SEO on it.
    What would you suggest about the SEO? More H1/H2's? more content?

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey that's a great site you've got there! I like the design and content that has been put up so far.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Member MarkJans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the cool feature when hovering the pictures!

    I recommend you to place the categories above default.

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't visit your site because your site is downing now with error "Internal Server Error"

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zakelijk View Post
    Hi all,

    I would like your opinion about a website i made for kids. It's basically a entertainment website.
    What would you think i could improve or i should change? BTW i know the issue with some permalinks... i'm working on it

    Website: Kleurplaten

    Greetings,
    Hi,

    I can not access your site!

  12. #12
    From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    guido2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    9,500
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yestyle View Post
    I couldn't visit your site because your site is downing now with error "Internal Server Error"
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTipLib View Post

    Hi,

    I can not access your site!
    Thank you for pointing this out.
    Until the OP comes back or gets the site up and running again, there's no need for anybody else to post here telling us the site is down.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion the website is too crowded as in the current form. Try to diversificate the images and maybe leave some space between the games menu and the informations menu.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Member K0210561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i look your website many time, And i think the style of drop down menu is not nice, man. Thats just my opinion.

    Cheers.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •