SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to find freelance graphic designers?

Hi there,

I had a couple of different designers become inundated with projects and, in my quest to replace the work, have found it virtually impossible to locate talented graphics designers interested in (who also have the time for) small-to-moderately-sized freelance web graphics work. Does anyone have any advice on where to look? My needs are too varied and specific (too many odds and ends) to go the contest route, which is a shame because it seems like it would otherwise produce fine results if I needed, say, a logo, but in this case I have a logo and need a lot of smaller elements to match it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Nov 5, 2013 at 05:48. Reason: No solicitation, please.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend to explore some graphic designers from India and UK and they posses good interpersonal skills and graphic designing capabilities, According to my point of view

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately just listing possible nationalities doesn't help me much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what the policy is on bumping threads here, but I guess I'll do it once, since nobody seems to have any helpful suggestions.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWTCommish View Post
    I'm not sure what the policy is on bumping threads here...
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/faq....aq_bumpitybump

Like most things, you can find it in the FAQs/rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, sorry.

Guess this one's not getting answered, then. Big ol' frownie face

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of places. Dribbble or Forrst have some of the most skilled graphic designers you could ever want. I'm not active on Forrst, so I can't tell you much about it but on Dribbble you'll find plenty of designers available for hire (there's a "hire me" link) if someone's currently available.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deviantART and Dribbble are very good place to find skilled graphic designers.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the go-to sites when it comes to hiring:

For freelance/contract work
    - oDesk
    - Elance
    - 99designs

For full time remote work or someone you could work with for the long term.
    <snip>

Just browse through their database and you'll find a number of graphic designers in there.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jan 19, 2014 at 08:47. Reason: Self-promo removed

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWTCommish View Post
    Hi there,

I had a couple of different designers become inundated with projects and, in my quest to replace the work, have found it virtually impossible to locate talented graphics designers interested in (who also have the time for) small-to-moderately-sized freelance web graphics work. Does anyone have any advice on where to look? My needs are too varied and specific (too many odds and ends) to go the contest route, which is a shame because it seems like it would otherwise produce fine results if I needed, say, a logo, but in this case I have a logo and need a lot of smaller elements to match it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. <snip>
    My advice would be to try to find a local graphic designer who you could sit with face to face. If your needs are as intricate as you said, you might have communication challenges via online service providers.

Ask around your friends and ask your friends to ask their friends. Within your own network you could probably find a few talented artists. When making contact, make sure to ask to see their portfolio and style first before committing to anything.
    Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude i am on a site called hire the world and you can get some jobs on there and get paid really good for it..
    <snip/>
    peace out

~slider~
    Last edited by Mittineague; Mar 10, 2014 at 18:20. Reason: removing unnecessary link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many freelancing websites or agencies which are providing their services to clients regarding their project need. But each client can never be satisfied with the service provider. I have also very bad and good experience with these type freelance service provider. But one that is fine is safe freelancer. They have provided me very accurate result. You can also check their site for reference.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Mar 10, 2014 at 18:24. Reason: removing unnecessary link

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Ting

Deviantart, Odesk, Freelancer, Elance, People Per Hour, they are all filled with talented and skillful designers. You can always ask them to show you a sample, like to ask the community to design a logo and they will then create samples of it. Will make it easier for you to decide who will be your guy.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To keep this thread form getting replies that are promoting sites rather than offering suggestions on how to find them

Thread Closed