User Tag List

Hybrid View

Avid Logophile silver trophy
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Fun Browser Game for charity

I want to share this browser-based side-scroller game as an example of the fun things HTML5 can provide to web developers.
    http://www.kindredbox.com/zombie
    Have fun with it. Study it (use "View Source" to examine the code).

But that is only part of the story. My son built this game in order to draw attention to an initiative of his that I feel very strongly about.

We all have many things for which we can be thankful. And must recognize that many, many people are less fortunate. I try to give to charity on a regular basis but there are many barriers and impediments I face:
    • Budgeting to give consistently
    • Determining charitable organizations that will respect my donation and apply it directly to the cause
    • A hesitation when I know any organization will continue to badger me for MORE money
    • Finding the less publicized organizations that really need my money more than the BIG THREE that can afford to advertise a lot (another way in which my money is NOT being applied to the cause)

I encourage you to look at Kindred Box. It is derived from the heart; with a charitable spirit. There is not intention to profit from this. The goal is to make it easier for us to acknowledge that we are all part of the same human race and must share our bounty with those less fortunate.

As a child, I recall my father citing this quote:
    "I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet" --anonymous
    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Git is for EVERYONE
    Literally, the best app for readers.
    Make Your P@ssw0rd Secure
    Leveraging SubDomains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, awesome scripting and a awesome initiative

SitePoint Member cartoonbabyboy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)