SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Did You Start?

Whats the best way to learn about the ins and outs of web design, I have found from reading on this forum that designing website and learning as you go is the best way to do it?

I have undertaken an introductory course in web design learning the basics of HTML and CSS.

Enjoyed it that much I spent a few months over the summer designing a friends site <snip> with the use of Wordpress- this gave me a great insight into learning how to style elements, but became a bit frustrating in editing the layout due to my lack of knowledge in PHP, but managed to edit some pages and build my own templates.

I have now signed up to a web design course in CIW which I plan to finish next year. I am obviously keen to get into web design and wondered the next way to take the next step?

Suppose I just wanted to get feedback from people that have been there and done it, or people that are in the same situation as myself?
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Oct 28, 2013 at 10:06. Reason: Unnecessary URL removed