User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nockmarket tab not real-time

I have completed chapter 6. Everything was working fine until I got to page 133 where you turn the static nockmarket tab into real-time. The problem is that the code doesn't work. The nockmarket tab is not updating in real-time -- the data remains static.

I have checked out chapter 6 from the code repo and I get the same behavior. i.e. the nockmarket tab does not update in real-time.

Can anybody confirm that after completing chapter 6 that the nockmarket is working in real-time?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Researching this further, I am looking at trades.js at the setPrices() method on StockRowView and it doesn't seem to correspond to the table. It looks like the code is just updating the last trading price and only doing it for a element that doesn't exist, one that includes in its id trace-cell. I believe this methods needs to be completely rewritten to actually update the actual row in the table. Is this possibly code left over from a simpler page that was updated in the book?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured out what the problem was. My code editor was reformatting the html in trade-table.ejs and breaking the ids.