SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank god OP is not from alta vista search engine era ... where simple stuffing meta tags can rank you well ...

SitePoint Enthusiast hypernovadesign's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit7552 View Post
    SEO = Search Engine Optimisation ...
    Try SMO (Social Media Optimisation) as your next career.
    Sorry, but I couldn't stand that sentence... Being a SE Optimiser must be a very tedious and boring career. Don't you agree?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hypernovadesign View Post
    Sorry, but I couldn't stand that sentence... Being a SE Optimiser must be a very tedious and boring career. Don't you agree?
    If you are doing everything by yourself, like building backlinks and all than this can be tedious. In that case you should hire someone to do those task which you do not like to do.

Otherwise SEO is quite interesting and leave how google work.

I do not know about you, but I am loving it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rajatcverma View Post
    I don’t understand why Google is behaving like a enemy to SEO??
    Sure Google is enemy of SEO. But you should know that it is a search engine and working in people and its own betterment. You can not like anything which can not provide you results. Same in case of other people. So Google provide them best result so that they like and use it. And to do so it used to generates new algorithms. You only need to change your work process according to algorithms updates.

I am a Team Leader in my company 8 SEO’s are working under me so should I say to my team that Google will not provide us Keyword Ranking therefore you all are unemployed now our company can’t afford you and for myself I am working as an SEO from last 5 years it’s very difficult for me to start a new career now.
    It seems that you are too much emotional and expecting too much from Google. You forgot what Google target is? Google is not just to provide people job. Be professional at this point.

I Hope Google will think about it and our career will be secure.
    Please do not mind but you are expecting which can never be done. It is not Google's goal.

Also I would like to add that SEO can never die. Only the process can change. At this time you can not be SEO expert if you don't know programming skills. To attract traffic On-Page SEO is must. And you will require programming skills for w3c validation, url rewrite, compressing code size, maintaining HTML/Text ratio and for many other process.
    Visit my Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Linkedin Profile.
    Also feel free to email me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what brought me to Sitepoint. It seems Google’s search relevance mission has crippled a lot of people. This includes people who are using Adsense. How could advertisers not be offended. Male enhancement products and such are usually advertised on sites that would be hit hard by all of this. It just seems they are shooting their advertisers ion the foot.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google dont hate on SEO - they just prefer paid advertising instead! Lets face it - they make no money from SEO at all. Why we think they are against SEO, is because it feels like they are making it harder and harder to get ranked - well they're NOT - they are simply trying to improve the user experience to maintain their world dominance. If their result relevance starts to drop, then so will the users... Its as simple as that. Buck your SEO strategy up and you'll be fine!

SitePoint Enthusiast steveharris945's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you guys notice that in Google Analytics they provide less keywords now than before? Most of it are now set to “not provided”.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very big challenge for all of us. It's not that easy, unlike before, that we can rank a website by just using an automated softwares and tools. Today, we need to manually do the backlinking process. Google made the playing field equal to both gurus and newbies.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The issues seem to have been discussed pretty thoroughly, and the OP has never returned, so I think it's time to close the thread before it becomes repetitive.

Thanks to all who contributed.