Hi Good people.

I have searched and cant find an answer to this specific jQuery problem.

I have a form which when submitted takes the ID values of the form fields and passes via GET to a php file which does a search in a database and returns results.

The issue that I ahve is that one of the fields is an array as follows
HTML Code:
                       	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="John" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">John</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Daniel" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Daniel</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Jane" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Jane</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Gemma" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Gemma</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Kev" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Kev</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Kelly" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Kelly</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Simon" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Simon</label>
                </div>
                        	<div class="name_box">
                <input name="multi[]" id="multi[]" type="checkbox" value="Olive" align="absmiddle" /><label for="multi[]">Olive</label>
                </div>
What I need to do is be able to pass the multi[] array to the php file via "get" as opposed to "post" is a datastring. And its driving me nuts.

The jQuery looks like this (cut down version)
Code:
		$("#find_host").click(function(){		
				var ckbCheckAll = $('#ckbCheckAll').val();
				var sortresult = $('#sortresult').val();
				var multiple = $('#multi').serializeArray();
				var dataString = "ckbCheckAll+"&sortresult="+sortresult+"&multiple="+multiple;

if(no_nights.length>0){ // this is just a condition on a bit of data i havnt included
						$.ajax({
							  type: "GET",
							  url: "includes/file.php",
							  data: dataString,
							  success: function(server_response){
								$('#host_result').html(server_response).show();
							  }
						}); 
				  }return false;
Can anyone put me out of my misery please

Thanks in advance

Keith