SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I gain genuine followers on twitter?

I didn't want to go hard on the hashtags, and keep promoting my site all the time.
    How can I reach people?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a girl's name. Put a real nice look girl photo and follow 5-10 boys ugly boys, simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, thats actually not a bad idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally i use a program called Tweet Adder 4, then i go search for example "i love icecream", then if my site was about icecream i had a lot of ice cream loving people, then i go in the program and just follow a ton of people, then many follow back. im getting new followers every day with this program

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must add new interesting posts regularly and follow your relevant profiles, this will help you alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaddocks View Post
    I didn't want to go hard on the hashtags, and keep promoting my site all the time.
    How can I reach people?

SitePoint Member Web for Finance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should post relevant information regularly, just like posting videos and photos to keep them interested.

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Web for Finance View Post
    I think you should post relevant information regularly, just like posting videos and photos to keep them interested.
    That strategy will KEEP followers but it won't get them in the first place.

As HungryLama suggests, following or RTing people in your area of interest is probably your best strategy. Search for existing groups and hashtags and start to disseminate interesting info.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i suggest you to provide relevant info regarding your website theme and follow relevant users profile and you can also try to update news in your account which can also attract users to follow profiles. all the best

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Josh, welcome to the forum.

I am off Twitter at the moment so that I can focus on Google+.

Here's my approach when it comes to building a genuine following or relationships on any social network. As other members have mentioned, post quality stuffs to your stream. However, doing so will not get you far if you don't have a lot of followers. Apart from posting useful tweets, follow and interact (replies, retweets or even asking them questions) with people who are responsive on these social networks. Once they get to know you better, they will then start to follow you as well. With this, you can be sure that you are only getting genuine followers.

Of course, just like ice-breaking sessions with strangers, it is not easy to find someone that "clicks" with you. Some may take a longer time to evaluate your profile and tweets while some will follow you back right away. Be persistent, be genuinely interested in other people and you will start to see a slow and steady increase in REAL followers.

Hope the reply above is useful, Josh. Feel free to ask me questions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every Celebrity in Hollywood got no same kind of fan following, It just depends upon their Fame and Awesomeness!! This same theory is applicable for any kind like our business or website.....! Its just simple, followers just come with a simple information which the seems interesting...! Hope got my point...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for the top players in your niche ... see how they are playing their game ... notice what their flaw is and capitalise that.

In social media there is only one key for success and that is consistency.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit7552 View Post
    Look for the top players in your niche ... see how they are playing their game ... notice what their flaw is and capitalise that.

In social media there is only one key for success and that is consistency.
    Hi lalit7552, welcome to the forum.

Personally, I feel that it is better to learn from the top players rather than trying to spot their flaws. These top players usually have a team or huge monetary resources to help them with their social media. Usually, this will mean a lot of testing on what works and what doesn't. If you look at their social media activities, it is hard to find any major flaws. If their strategies are not working, they wouldn't have more followers and interactions than you, right?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increase your presence on twitter..follow like minded people
    retweet their tweets,
    try this for 7 days.Definitely they will look at your profile and if they find you useful then they will follow you..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with those answers above, try be famous with your writings or showing them something interesting...! People these days love FAME!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post

Personally, I feel that it is better to learn from the top players rather than trying to spot their flaws. These top players usually have a team or huge monetary resources to help them with their social media. Usually, this will mean a lot of testing on what works and what doesn't. If you look at their social media activities, it is hard to find any major flaws. If their strategies are not working, they wouldn't have more followers and interactions than you, right?
    Hey Wayne

Not agree with you. They all have some kind of flaw, if not than they would not update their service and all.

Yes, I am agree that they have the freedom of monetary factor but if you want to be notice than you need to bring something new on the table.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit7552 View Post
    Hey Wayne

Not agree with you. They all have some kind of flaw, if not than they would not update their service and all.

Yes, I am agree that they have the freedom of monetary factor but if you want to be notice than you need to bring something new on the table.
    It is actually one of the best practices to keep posting new updates to our social network profiles. No?

Yes, I agree that we need to bring something new to the table but a lot of times, that comes from seeing what works rather than finding flaws (most don't share their mistakes so looking for them from an outsider's perspective can be time consuming). Anyway, it will be great if you can share with us an example of you noticing a flaw in what the top players in your niche is doing and applying it to your own social media efforts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bother just use your brain... if somebody sends you friend request what do you see in his or profile to accept it...just follow this theory. Read other people's mind. Do work like human being not as robot because all profiles on social networks are of human beings. I think I made myself clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew View Post

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many great ideas. I would like to learn more about Tweet Adder 4. I wonder if it really can help.
    What about find minded people and retweet their tweets, it tried this thing out, and many of people looked at my profile and than follow me. I guess it can work!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can follow some niche related peoples and after 1 or 2 days mostly peoples will follow you back. and also those peoples which are not following you than unfollow them.
    Put your twitter profile badge in all of your websites or blogs.
    Post regular tweets or posts.

SitePoint Enthusiast mackyanderson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryLama View Post
    Personally i use a program called Tweet Adder 4, then i go search for example "i love icecream", then if my site was about icecream i had a lot of ice cream loving people, then i go in the program and just follow a ton of people, then many follow back. im getting new followers every day with this program
    ^ Seems legit! Not getting into that program, but the idea of searching for those people that has an interest for what you are offering and follow them, would be the best way to gain genuine and ever interested people/followers for your account.
    FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER
    Los Angeles Injury Attorneys
    "Effective Lawyering and Proven Results"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from last few months i am using a site called twiends, In my point of view and people those are using this site will preffer it to use for twitter follower.
    This site will give you genuine followers on your twitter account. But one thing you have to keep in mind that this site strictly ban those user who try to cheat or want to get many followers in short time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin13 View Post
    bother just use your brain... if somebody sends you friend request what do you see in his or profile to accept it...just follow this theory. Read other people's mind. Do work like human being not as robot because all profiles on social networks are of human beings. I think I made myself clear.
    Hi Martin, welcome to the forum.

Yup, I do agree with you that behind each social media profile is a real human being and all of us should be posting what our target audience would like to read and consume. Others may not see what is basic common sense to us though. For example, best practices like it should always be about our target audience and customers should be common sense but we still see a ton of social media profiles do nothing but blasting links to their own products or services.

And of course, our brain has its limits too. Once you start to have a solid follower base, it will need tools to help analyze things like which types of content performs better, at what time should you be publishing your updates and which social network to double down on for better ROI.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to gain genuine followers is to give value. If someone has a problem on twitter, and you solve their problem or give them some sort of value that contributes to their life, they will start to like you. If you do this consistently then they will trust you, and start to ask you for advice. I won't focus on hash tags, I would focus on the person with the twitter account. Because the person who has that account is most likely a human being, and everyone has problems. So if you have the solution to someone's problem they will like you for it. If you keep solving people's problems and give them value without taking anything from them, in no time they would probably follow you. Been a giver, not a taker. If you think about it, would you genuinely follow someone on twitter who adds no value to your life whatsoever? God Bless.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, first you have to find people of your area of interest and than you can follow them.Check the people who love your product and services.
    Or else you can get your work done through some digital marketing agency, as i know a company <snip> and i know the strategy they follow to increase the followers.
    They search in twitter the poeple who are with same business or the people who like the specific product or service they follow them and automatically people follows you.They also post attractive images, videos etc of same product or service so thats the reason people like that.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Dec 4, 2013 at 05:24. Reason: No advertising, please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaddocks View Post
    How can I reach people?
    And still you'd better use hashtags when posting... That's the main way people search...