SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, yeah, it looks like a nice site, I also checked some of your sites, you seem like someone who knows, would you give me some honest advice? if you wouldn't mind to take a look at my sites and tell me your proffessional opinion. My sites are:

http://www.jewelsnjewels.com
    http://www.smartetrading.com
    http://www.oneupjeans.com (still under cunstruction)

I don't know... I feel it's probably not the site but that I really need to learn how to generate traffic without having to spend a fortune, could that be it? Any ideas? Anyway...thanks for taking the time and help, I greatly appreciate your sincerity.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your jewelry site has a decent design, but not the greatest, specifically your forms and product information tables suffer from bad design. I think you could use more product information, for instance I looked at an emerald ring and you didn't even list the carats. On your category listing pages you should have information too, like prices next to the product images instead of a reference number (try to emulate how Amazon lists their products).

Overall though I'd say you're suffering from a lack of promotion and SEO. You have no Google PR throughout your entire site, no listed backlinks, and some SEO mistakes.

Also, there is alot of competition in the Jewelry field. Its harder to get customers.

You know what does sell well online? Unique things, hard to find things, or collectibles.

You're Columbian? Isn't there some local craft and or product that you can't get elsewhere? For instance I'm remodeling one of our bathrooms and I'm going to get a copper sink off Ebay. There are all these copper sinks on ebay from Mexico. They're great, hand crafted, alot of character. You can't buy something like that in a store here in the US.

So, is there something like that in Columbia that you could sell?
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That fudging ninja advice, aspen.

I recently read an article on how stay-at-home moms in villages in the middle of nowhere make lots of extra money by selling handcraft (is that a word?) solely on eBay.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mayiema, you might want to put your site up for review in the site review forums. I would definetly say that your site is the bottleneck for your sales. A quick look at it, and I can say that you seriously need to hire/team up with someone with better writing skills.

"Microfussion"
    "But it now!!!"

Your site also suffers from loading problems. It took quite a long time for me to load on my 2mbit connection. There are also a lot of minor things that bug me on the site, such as the low quality of the VISA/MasterCard/Amex images, but that is beyond the scope of this post.
    Mattias Johansson

FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO making money online follows many of the principals in making money offline.

Many people miss this obvious but simple observation ... they then proceed to "cut corners" online.

Subsequently they fail to make a dollar and are then totally mistified.

mayiema, you might want to put your site up for review in the site review forums
    This is solid advice.

However, I would go one step further. You might consider putting your Business Plan up for review.

IMHO if you want to make money online you must have a solid functional business plan. You must make a website part of your business plan ... not expect one or two sites to be your complete business.

Kind Regards

Micmol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for such sound advices, can anybody give me some tips how I can get SEO for an affordable price? My knowledge about it is "0", so I really don't know where to go for that and I am quite tired of paying pay-per-click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, and ASPEN, I am sorry, I might look pretty dumb to you for asking but what do you mean by

"Overall though I'd say you're suffering from a lack of promotion and SEO. You have no Google PR throughout your entire site, no listed backlinks, and some SEO mistakes".

What are "Google PR" and "backlinks"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys think of these people for SEO?

http://www.seoinc.com

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backlinks are links pointing to your site from other sites. This is the most important aspect of SEO. Without links you get nowhere.

Google PR is Google's approximation of the value of your backlinks. It is a common SEO term.

SEO doesn't need to be expensive, you can learn through forums and articles.

If you want to hire someone stay away from someone who offers submission to thousands of places, someone who guarantees top listings, or someone who emphasizes meta tags.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The person who started this thread started exactly the way dan janal put together 101 businesses that you can start on the internet.

I agree that a person can make some money on the internet and subject to the following conditions:
    -find a good niche
    -offer to supply some services that are not available from tradtional retail outlet
    -do some study(research)not all products are good for selling online.
    -from the beginning go into partnership with a person that knows what we pr, publicity or marketing.

Finally, I do not believe in the concept of selling content because, print-publishing is already a difficult field.
    fash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever thought-considered of instead of ....
    -find a good niche
    and
    -offer to supply some services that are not available from tradtional retail outlet
    Enter a business that is a proven success and do that business better than your opposition.

Now the key word is better and don't get that confused with bigger.

IMHO ... better, if done correctly, can be very .... very profitable.

Regards

Micmol

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

franchise

The key is developing your own content (IP) -- affiliate programs will only generate a few dollars long term . .

When you have your own product to push - you can have one web site or many -- and really attack the points mentioned in this thread

I saw someone talk about franchising above. If you can develop your own site / product - and are interesting in setting up a franchise - here is a glossary for your review:

Franchise glossary of terms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to make the site the only one of it's kind. I made one a year ago, and in the last year, it's got only 51,086 page views, but in just the last six months has made about $5,000. And this site has a very TINY visitor range......

Must be a webmaster. + Must be an Amazon associate. + Must use MrRats script. + Must have a dedicated server, or be prepaired to move when your host dumps you for using mod_rewrite and geting bombed by the search engines.

That brings it down to less than a few thousand people that can use that service! Hince the tiny page view number.

The new site I'm working on now is also a unique site, but has way more people that can use it, with just two requirements....

Must be a webmaster. + Must want a lot of content.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a bit off the topic: but how do you have time to manage over 20 sites and keep them at a good quality? I spend all my time on 1 and there is never enough time! How can one person possibly update, promote and build content for over 20 sites at once?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayiema
    Thanks, yeah, it looks like a nice site, I also checked some of your sites, you seem like someone who knows, would you give me some honest advice? if you wouldn't mind to take a look at my sites and tell me your proffessional opinion. My sites are:

http://www.jewelsnjewels.com
    http://www.smartetrading.com
    http://www.oneupjeans.com (still under cunstruction)

I don't know... I feel it's probably not the site but that I really need to learn how to generate traffic without having to spend a fortune, could that be it? Any ideas? Anyway...thanks for taking the time and help, I greatly appreciate your sincerity.
    Get rid of your popups. They're evil and the traffic that might have come back will never return to your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 10 small sites will be no good if the content is blah.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks micmol. But "Selling information is much easier, cheaper and cost effective with little to no risk" . Never thought about that.!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you need to find the right way for your site and you will make money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't eat yellow snow.
    Mattias Johansson

FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't eat yellow snow.
    Unless paid.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free manual on how to make money with reading emails

Try this website:http://n.1asphost.com/mailbizz/

it will send you 4 manual's on how to make money from reading email send by advertisers.
    The programs that send these emails will pay you dollars instead of cents that most of the paid-to-read programs pay.

I've started to use the manual's found on the website 4 month's ago and it made some extra cash the last couple of month's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micmol
    Also like this quote says ..

"Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference." *Nolan Bushnell
    who is nolan bushnell, the new ron barassi?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, on reflection that looks a little harsh, that wasn't meant to be disrepectful.

;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooops ... I'm really showing my age now.

Nolan Bushnell was the "father of the video-game industry" founder of Atari.

Thanks to him we are here today ... in some ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to have a great product/service/content to make money online/offline.
    A lot of blah will fool only some people only some of the time!
    Be the change you want to see in the world.