User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need feedback on my Landing Page and Messaging

Hi guys, Nathan here.

We are developing a social collaboration platform called **********. It will be launched before the end of this year and right now we are testing our landing page and the messaging. I am looking for some review/feedback so we can further tweak it for improvement.

We are also looking for early adopters who would like to test the beta version. Any suggestions where I can find them?

This is my landing page : <snip/>

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
    Nathan Bridges
    Last edited by Mittineague; Dec 16, 2013 at 19:30. Reason: per OP request

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The first thing that worries me is that i can't for the life of me work out what your domain name means or even how i would pronounce it. Whilst you are probably already locked into this something to consider would be putting a meaning next to it.

Something like 'facebook' or 'myspace' or 'twitter' is A. easy to say and B. kind of linked to what it does in simple words. This is as close as i got to understanding what your name might mean http://education.yahoo.com/reference...entry/Phoenart

yousendit changed its name to hightail the other day and whilst i guess hightail is about moving quickly its nowjhere

Sorry if you spend ages thinking that name up, but just trying to give you honest feedback.

The second thing i am finding is the term 'group' is confusing me. Who is 'my group'? do i have to set a group up?

I wonder if you could change the intro from
    'Collect, organize and share the content that matters most to you and your group.'

to something for example like
    'Collect, organize and share files with friends, family or colleagues, all in one place'

or whatever your target audience is.

just a few thoughts.

hope thats useful
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noppy View Post
    Hi,

The first thing that worries me is that i can't for the life of me work out what your domain name means or even how i would pronounce it. Whilst you are probably already locked into this something to consider would be putting a meaning next to it.

Something like 'facebook' or 'myspace' or 'twitter' is A. easy to say and B. kind of linked to what it does in simple words. This is as close as i got to understanding what your name might mean http://education.yahoo.com/reference...entry/Phoenart

yousendit changed its name to hightail the other day and whilst i guess hightail is about moving quickly its nowjhere

Sorry if you spend ages thinking that name up, but just trying to give you honest feedback.

The second thing i am finding is the term 'group' is confusing me. Who is 'my group'? do i have to set a group up?

I wonder if you could change the intro from
    'Collect, organize and share the content that matters most to you and your group.'

to something for example like
    'Collect, organize and share files with friends, family or colleagues, all in one place'

or whatever your target audience is.

just a few thoughts.

hope thats useful
    Hi,

Thank you for your feedback especially with regard to the name. We'll be changing it but we still need to register the domain name. This is a collaboration platform which is likely to be an Evernote Alternative and/or data repository. A user may add other users and create a group and collaborate with each other wherever they are. The sample messaging that you have put is also very helpful. Exactly what we need so we can make further improvements before releasing the actual website and product to the market.

really appreciate your feedback!

Nathan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks good.

However, at this stage I am not sure what to do next or why.

E.g. "Click here to register".

The slogans are quite wordy. I often have this problem.

"Your Group Content in One Place, Organized
    Collect, organize and share the content that matters most to you and your group."

Are these slogans or descriptions?

It could read

"Your Group Content in One Place
    Organize and share your Group content with **********"
    Last edited by Mittineague; Dec 16, 2013 at 19:38. Reason: per OP request

SitePoint Enthusiast leafspirit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely agree that what you've got at the moment is a bit wordy. It reads more like a feature than a slogan.

Something more along the lines of:

"Organize Your Content
    Share what matters most"

is much better since it tells the user what they can do, and in the case above kills two birds with one stone by including a call to action in the tagline.

Also, I think you should really do some research on your target market. Everyone is a member of so many different groups, which ones should I be connecting mental dots to your product for? Will it make it simplify and streamline my business' content creation process? Will it help my family keep all our photos and documents in one place and backed up? These are things you need to think about, because you can't really market to a vague idea of a "group."

Other than that, I like the design. It's clean and there's only one possible action the visitor can take, which is good for lead generation.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Leafspirit,

Appreciate your advice and recommendations. To your point on the target market- could you offer some additional insight after reading the following.

So our platform is more of a library where you could "shelf" the experiences and things of interest that are relevant to you and your group in one place where you can easily find them again later. The things that you could capture would include; pictures from trips, an interesting article, a chapter from a book, lists of movies, things to do, places to go, products you'd like to buy, presentations from events, audio files from events, research, etc. It's like your own customized local library.

So yeah, it would be valuable for a family, a local sports club or a small business. Our platform is more of a tool for collecting and managing knowledge and experiences than a niche product.

Does that make sense to you? What else do you think we need to explain?

Thanks so much for taking the time!
    All the best,
    Nathan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Colin1M,

Thanks alot for the messaging advice. As we iterate our design and messaging we will certainly take it to heart. Does the actual problem that we're addressing on the landing page make sense to you? How do you understand what "Your Group Content in One Place" means? From the words we used who would you compare us with?

Thanks a ton for taking the time. We're working on something revolutionary in the learning space and if our wording makes us sound like just another cloud platform than we clearly need to go back to the messaging drawing board

Really appreciate your help!
    Nathan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    friendly graphic, nice colors. I enjoy it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gdamalena,

Thank you for the review. We have changed the Domain name to GemShelf instead of ********* because that was a bit not very clear. This is a knowledge management tool and collaboration platform where 1) can store everything in one place (PDFs, Word files, text, etc.),
    (2) search through everything, anytime, anywhere, on any device because it has offline capability
    (3) can import and export information easily, upload photos, smart capture and we're also planning on incorporating OCR technology.
    So what do say about the name compared to the old one ********* ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gdamalena View Post
    friendly graphic, nice colors. I enjoy it.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Dec 16, 2013 at 19:35. Reason: per OP request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty good! Very good CTA!

- I recommend you to use higher DPI images, with a Retina display I can see pixels
    - Use httpS, it works much better in a way of trust!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your landing page is very good . i cheack your page . but you know the landing page seo is hard in these days so i advised you be carefully do the SEO on him site

SitePoint Member autopaypalboost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice site, I love the opt-in its well placed on your site.

SitePoint Enthusiast gregdbowen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gem Shelf looks pretty good - I would like to see more clearance around the logo. Perhaps a little more clear space around elements in general. What about a footer? Privacy policy, copyright? A functional footer could work well here. Nice start.

Greg Bowen | Founder / Lead Dev
    Fluidlab
    PUBLISHING TOOLS FOR WORDPRESS
    http://FluidlabPro.com @FluidlbPro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the site but it looks quite simple. Also like the colours

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here what i think about your site:-

1) Neat and Clean look , (good work)
    2) Icons , graphics all tells the purpose of site correctly (good work)
    3) 'Request invite' section is well placed. But here i think you need to make it more prominent.

All in all, really great landing page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For early adopters try betalist or startuplist. They drive quite a bit of traffic if you have a good private beta product.

Off the bat it is a bit hard to figure out what your site does, it says organize group content but the imagery behind it looks like organization of applications. I think the wording needs some work. After reading a bit of the below the fold text I see it is an Evernote alternative. Maybe leading with a re-worded version of this as your elevator pitch above the fold would work better.

I also think somehow displaying a product screenshot above the fold would help greatly. It seems like a screenshot could help with explaining what you do any why it is important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome nicely laid out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great web for group and sharing. I think i would like to see more at your footer. But its nice webs.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Feedbacks

The color usage is nice. but may use of the blue an orange colours more to enrich the color. Iconic representation is looks good. the banner graphic is good too. Graphic abstrat may use to enhance the backround image. Thought we have found many site on the web this looks ok.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is looking good, but not that much appealing as per attracting social collaboration. It should be focused on more responsive and page speed for web and mobile should be controlled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I really like this idea! To be honest, it took me a while to figure out exactly what you service is offering.

Some points:

1. The site design is really nice. I like that you have the email capture on both the top and bottom of the page.

2. The icons in the boxes in the main image differ from the icons on the shelf. I think it makes more sense to use the same icons in both place to show how they become organized.

3. I'd like to see/hear about more concrete examples of exactly how it works. For example, maybe you could use like two or three different scenarios in a before an after scheme.

4. I don't like some of the "jargon" on the page because I don't know exactly what it means (e.g. "group content" and "Evernote"). Also, what is a "gem"? I think this should be explained and integrated into the content somehow.

5. A demo video would be totally awesome. Maybe you can grab a nice Adobe After Effects template from VideoHive, customize it for your site, and then throw it up there. I think that would help explain a lot.

Good Luck!