SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Extracted data contains strange characters.

    I am reading HTML from a Joomla MySQL database and then publishing it to the web. When I first did this I noticed a heap of strange ascii character being displayed. I thought I had fixed it using
    HTML Code:
    mysql_query("SET NAMES utf8");
    but on further investigation I discovered that this only worked for Chrome browsers and not IE or Firefox. The offending page can be seen at http://www.rosmini.school.nz/facebook.

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8' COLLATE 'utf8_general_ci'");

    Eurika, the above did it :-)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •