Results 1 to 2 of 2
Oct 13, 2013, 21:07 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
- Sydney, Australia
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Joomla - Wordpress Integration, to look the same
I have an assignment for college where I am required to create a site with:
1. A Joomla installation with a Shopping Cart
2. A Wordpress installation with a Blog
The only condition is that both themes looks exactly the same.
Ive searched the forums and googled and all i can find is people talking about bridging the two using a Wordpress Bridge extension for Joomla. This doesn't suit me since i need two separate backends, also i need it to be free.
A few questions:
1. Can anyone recommend the best/modern way to go about doing this?
2. How would i go about creating the same theme? Is it best to start from scratch with each? Or can i hack some existing theme? Or should I use a framework like Gantry or WARP?
3. The shopping cart must still be visible and clickable when viewing the wordpress blog. How would this work, since it most likely will be a Joomla extension?
I would really appreciate any general advice, thoughts, links, anything. This isn't a very talked about topic.
Thanks for your time
Oct 18, 2013, 22:32 #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- Northeastern USA
- 37 Post(s)
- 1 Thread(s)
Could you run the blog on Joomla or the shopping cart on Wordpress? Is there a particular reason why you want separate platforms?
If you are set on using separate platforms and keeping a similar appearance, since each platform operates differently, you would have to develop themes separately according to each platform's particular theming system.Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain
The 2013 SitePoint Awards - Nominate your heroes now!