User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast Dynamikemagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website needs to be reviewed

Please let me know what you think of my website.

What do you think of the style?

Is it good dealing with SEO?

How is the grammar?

What else can you recommend?

www.dynamikemagic.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

I've had a look at the SEO and to be honest its not great. You need to set up each page so that it caters for a particular search phrase.

For example

Your home page holds the most seo potential. Your business is to entertain customers in the Southeastern Michigan area. So you should title your page 'Southeastern Michigan Magician Dynamike', have a h1 tag on the page with this as well. Also mention that phrase in the content.

There are other things you should really do to the page to gain more seo potential but by doing these easy steps google will recognise that as your primary phrase for the home page.

SEO gets very in-depth and there are a 101 things you can do but the basics is a must. Google will recognise your a serious web page owner and will reward you with a better position.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The styling is awful. I literally thought it was an ad site or an adult site to begin with! There is too much text and the photos are relatively poor quality.
    I think you need to start with a design revamp.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

some things to consider:-

The main image is huge so on a laptop most of the image is not showing (it is also quite a large filesize could prob shave a bit off with optimization).
    Your load time is actually pretty good http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/cfLz...mikemagic.com/ but no harm making it faster.
    I'd look at using a 'sprite' instead of individual images for the menu. Or look at google fonts as you can do dynamic fonts so you have actual text rather than images.

Your images could do with being consistent in size. Could consider a border or create a playing card surround that you can put around it to make it more interesting and continue the theme.

Use columns. Your text extends across the entire page, this makes it hard to read. Around 75 characters is somewhere correct.

For SEO and readability use correctly formatted headings. People can skim read much easier if you have headings but use <h1></h1> etc as google likes a hierarchy as well. Don't just make everything <h1> as that isn't the point, if something is a sub heading give it a lower heading. Again with google fonts you can use css to make your heading fonts a different font and stand out. Don't go too crazy so its unreadable.

I don't like the blue phone number on the red as i find it hard to read. consider a background color or swap to white text.

Your 100% guarantee doesn't actually tell me what you guarantee as it does link to anything?

Hope that's useful
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, you need to look for some help in redesigning this site. The text is very hard to read, the blue phone numbers on top of the red background is hard to read. I think the images can be better laid out and the navigation bar at the top seems to have way too many links and buttons for a site that is not meant to have tons of content. I also think there is too much 'paragraph' style text and people are discouraged from reading it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun website. I don't like that the blog opens in a new tab, the blue color of the phone numbers does not mesh well with the red background. I'd recommend putting the tweets on the front page so people see quickly what you're up to. You could definitely use some SEO work. Changing your navigation from images to text or at least adding alt tags would be helpful for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the vibrant color of your site although it could be eye straining to some.
    You put 2 numbers on the homepage but I am not sure what exactly they are so maybe you can consider adding description to them or link.
    Please take off the 'However' on the 2nd paragraph. I guess it would be okay if you just start it with 'if you are also looking for...."

Check all the meta's and the keywords especially that the new google update has been released recently (Hummingbird)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the idea of you being a larger than life entertainer. This comes across really well.

However, I would be interested to see how the site would look toned down. E.g. plain background and / or 1 colour on the navigation rings.

"Michigans Master Magician" should say "Michigan's Master Magician"

I would add a box for people to email you and remove "100% satisfaction guaranteed" (add testimonials instead)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very different, Fun, Needs a bit more styling

Hi,

Your site really stands out! I'm sure it's breaking lots of web-design rules but I find it fun.

My resolution is 1920x1080 and it's even a little big for me so I imagine it's going to be too big for people on lower resolutions. The blue phone numbers are a little hard to read. The navigation bar at the top needs a different font for the links, I think. The logo picture is well-made and very fun-looking.

Rather than having your main content directly on the dark red background: Have you tried making the text black and putting the content in a white container box?

There might be a little bit too much on the homepage. I imagine people don't want to read an essay, but they also don't want to feel like they've missed certain things. If you can't cut some out then perhaps try to spread the content onto other pages?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most alarming thing is that your Meta Keyword Tag contains 1720 characters! Please reduce this characters ASAP.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fist of all
    the website design is not good.
    You really need an SEO expert.
    i don't have good grammar too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just gone through your website and following my final words for the same.
    1: By design point of view, it's not so good. Try to make it much professional also it's taking much time to loading.
    2: Better if you concern with a SEO expert or any agency
    3: Contents are not so good, when both google and visitors like the interesting and error less contents.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike, Can't you just wave your wand and create the perfect site? We all wish we could I like the site and it's great because all the elements are there but i think it could benefit from some rearranging. I was thinking of providing some proof that you're a good entertainer and i see you already have some great youtube vids and some great referrals. I think you should put a video near the top of the page, above the fold with a quote from one of your referrals and the '100% satisfaction guaranteed' logo to reassure visitors instantly. put all of this great stuff in place of the big logo as it's repeated in the top left corner anyway.

What is your main goal for the site? if it's to get more calls then i think this needs to be clearer, the number at the minute is quite hard to read because of the colour and i think there should be text next to it along the lines of "call now to make an appointment" so you have a clear call to action. You should also put a form on there so people can enter their e-mail addresses for appointments or to get more info. This needs to be on the contact us page too - which is probably one of the most visited pages.

SEO - Less and less important as the google updates are rolled out but it's still good to have good SEO in place. The meta description could have more focus on where you serve, think that most people will be searching for "magicians in Michigan" or "what are the best magicians in Michigan" etc. You could also do with making your main keywords in bold such as 'Michigan Magician'. You should also have a H1 tag (usually the page title) and an H2 tag (a variation on this title).

Good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast leafspirit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some thoughts:

The background is distracting and it's hard to read the text against a red background. Maybe add all the content inside a content division that has a more readable background and text color combination.

It'd be great to see a video of you performing your best trick above the fold.

I didn't even notice the phone numbers at first for the same reason I found it hard to read the text. Bad color combination there.

Does the navigation menu really have to be such garish images? Your page size is 2.1MB, so your site loads slow.

There's no way I'm going to download 16 PDF files to read your testimonials. If you really have to have a PDF letter to support each one, make it just a link beside the most relevant quote from that testimonial on a single page that lists all the best things people have said about you.

It wasn't immediately apparent on your Media page that the images lead to galleries because the images are soooo busy the words "Movies" and "Gallery" got lost in the background noise.

Why do you list your tweets when your last tweet was almost 6 months ago?

The vanishing card trick on the media page was pretty cheesy. It was pretty easy to spot that all of the cards were changed, and if that's representative of your tricks, I wouldn't wanna hire you. It doesn't really serve a purpose on your site, so why have another image taking up space making your page load slower?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to make a keyword research just to know what you are fighting for. When you choose your desired search query you need to put 3-4 times this keyword (key phrase) in your text body. This way you'll help search engines crawl your site faster and rank it for the keyword desired

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really like it i'm sorry the banner is really good but the layout of it does not make me want to use the website.. the colours arn't great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, I love your logo!

I think you have to be very clear to yourself about the goal of your website. I think it's selling your service right?
    I recommend you to change the color of the phone numbers to white for example. The color blue you are using is making me dissy.

Second, I think if you place a short description of your product on the frontpage and place link with a good CTA to your sales page this will increase you sales!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impression was - ouch bright, sore eyes!

But then I got thinking that your target audience is children so they may well like the bright colours and it will certainly be memorable.

SEO wise you're missing a lot of boxes but you have some good points too - you could do with more content (text and video) above the fold, the correct type of social buttons so that Google can get the necessary info about your likes, followers etc. It will be worth using an SEO expert for onsite SEO at least!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Dynamikemagic,
    I think you should change the home page background color. Make it light. The logo is impressive. To improve your site appearance and efficiency you may add more flash animation or video on homepage. Change the font and color of the phone number provided if you like to do so.
    Overall the first impression was good, you have done something new especially with menu bar.
    Best of luck for future

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, but I think it need some change colors
    <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Nov 25, 2013 at 07:17. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamikemagic View Post
    Please let me know what you think of my website.

What do you think of the style?

Is it good dealing with SEO?

How is the grammar?

What else can you recommend?

www.dynamikemagic.com
    Hi, I look at your web, and i think about the charity service. The red background is not friendly, is it? But, That web is unique nice.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has the bright interface!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    background not too user friendly. looks dated imo. With that said, you may not want it that serious, considering your line of work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your Landing page (home page) is very weak. use of 'Red' color in a poor way has given a unpleasant effect to user (me). You also need to Change the 'Font Style' and Font size.
    Your Main Large image is good, but other icons need some modification.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a graphic designer and I dont really like what you did with your website images. Also, the menu buttons look unprofessional.