SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

International Trading website critique request

Hello,
    I recently designed this website for the company I work for: www.dymak.dk

The company wanted something different and fresh, but still have a corporate feel. I am aware that it is lacking some relevant pictures, but that is something I have been struggling with from the beginning - they have no pictures of almost anything company related. Hopefully I will fix this matter soon enough.
    Don't be shy to criticize. I would like to know what you think works and what doesn't.

I would like to know design-wise what is your opinion: color scheme, font choice, blocks placement, language placement, scrolling bar and anything else you might notice.

Thank you in advance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,
    The website looks very professional, the colors and design are beautiful.
    The only advice I would have is to keep the grey contact information box, who is only on the landing page (on the top right hand side), on all pages. It is a usability thing.
    I have some other remarks but it is not about design.
    Vince

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Luciani View Post
    Hi there,
    The website looks very professional, the colors and design are beautiful.
    The only advice I would have is to keep the grey contact information box, who is only on the landing page (on the top right hand side), on all pages. It is a usability thing.
    I have some other remarks but it is not about design.
    Vince
    Thank you for the feedback Vince. But please feel free to give any other comments you might have, even if they aren't design related.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeniri View Post
    Thank you for the feedback Vince. But please feel free to give any other comments you might have, even if they aren't design related.
    Hi there,
    I would have the following suggestions:
    Let one of the board member have a social media account (for example google+) and regularly post interesting information about the firm's subject of expertise.
    To improve seo, it would be interesting to have someone in this firm either regularly post an article in a blog linked to this site, or short youtube videos (again, linked to the site) giving practical advice to customers.
    Last thing, I don't know if you have already done it, but as it is a local business, you can go the google webmaster tool to use microformats to indicate to google search engine where is the phone number and location are located on the website. Have a look also at google merchant center and google addresses in this google webmaster tool application.
    To get more feedback about your site in terms of quality, you can use www.woorank.com (this site will check your site automatically)
    Hope it helps
    Vince

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I would try to check on an Ipad and a Samsung tablet if your website is functioning properly there

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Luciani View Post
    Also, I would try to check on an Ipad and a Samsung tablet if your website is functioning properly there
    It is working, but only in horizontal mode . Haven't yet defined the breaking points or what happens when it shifts vertically. Honestly, I am a bit stuck at this part.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure the scrolling part is necessary. On chrome, it seems to be really jumpy in its transition. Was this meant primarily to be on iPads and tablets?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pictures on http://www.dymak.dk/medarbejdere/alle?MainNav=true are cut off the bottom in FireFox. Oh, now I see. You have to scroll with the mouse. I would add a scroll bar so that it is obvious.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site design is very nice
    I think everyone gets a brief introduction on medarbejdere page will be more professional and add personal social account ...also you have to add some popular social account with your site's official network...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is that free ?

Quote Originally Posted by carlbaker View Post
    If You Want Pictures For Your Web-Site Go To Imagebazaar Or Shuttershock For Quality Images.
    Is that free or if there are water prints on it ??

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbaker View Post
    Its Not Free Its Chargeable
    Ok,,that's great if you have the money .....I think pictures on google or flickr are nice too

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there could be some links to social media (small logos with links) like facebook (if the company has a facebook page), it could be below email address on the right side of the screen. On the home page, where there is a company logo with a white background... i don't know it looks a bit empty, but i can't think of what more you could put there

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincentas View Post
    I think there could be some links to social media (small logos with links) like facebook (if the company has a facebook page), it could be below email address on the right side of the screen. On the home page, where there is a company logo with a white background... i don't know it looks a bit empty, but i can't think of what more you could put there
    Yeah social network is so popular now and you‘d better not ignore