SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross Browser, DHTML, Javascript and the DOM

I have two questions:

1.I hear talk about the DOM(document Object Model) all the time. Reading articles on Javascript and DHTML. What exactly is the DOM or where can i find info on what exactly it is? I read some stuff at microsoft but it doesnt explain it in in an understandable way.

2.I have just recently learned CSS and XHTML, I have been using it for a while now. Man, the glories of CSS!! But anyway, I am now Learning Javascript so I can move onto DHTML. I was messing around with accessing CSS properties in Javascript. I had a Div and a Text box. Both were just squares of course. I had a mouseOver that would switch the border of the Div and Text box. It works in IE but, NS and Mozilla dont work. Why is this? and where can I find some info that explains it clearly!!!!!!!, also good info about cross browser programming in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. There is an excellent JS reference at http://devedge.netscape.com/library/...1.5/reference/ that you can refer to and should look over.

2. I would have to see the code to see why it didn't work in Mozilla, but it if didn't you are probably using something that is IE-only (iow, really bad).

P.S. Please don't cross post. Just ask in one forum and wait for an answer.
    Travis Watkins - Hyperactive Coder
    My Blog: Realist Anew
    Projects: Alacarte - Gnome Menu Editor